AnsweredAssumed Answered

Resource Skills questions

Question asked by DCuthbert on Sep 8, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 by DCuthbert
Hi Folks,  I've had two requests regarding Resource Skills (using Clarity 7.5.3 fp3):

1) Change the "Experience" label to "Interest" on the Resource Skills TAB. Unfortunately the Resource Skills TAB appears to be one of those non-configurable system pages. I've tried the following with no success:

a) Edited D:\Apps\Niku\Clarity\resource\resource_view_en.properties (changing entry ‘Interest=Experience’ to ‘Interest=Interest’) and saved the file.
b) Have flushed the cache (via …?action=security.caches)
c) Have restarted the application servers via weblogic console

It apparently worked for the support guy in 8.1 but no go for me. Anyone successfully attempted this (or something similar) before in 7.5.3?

2) We are also toying with the idea of allowing resources to update their own skills. I've added "Resource - Navigate" and "Resource - Update Skills" to one of our security groups which does the trick. However users with "Resource - View All" rights (such as members of the Project Manager group) have the ability to modify skills for all resources. Would anyone have an idea on how to limit this access?  Thanks  Dave

Outcomes