Clarity

• 1.  Clarity Task/Project Dates don't match dates in MSP

Posted Sep 09, 2009 07:28 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else has seen something similar - a project's Start & End dates don't match the dates displayed in the project when launched into MSP.   Also, task start & end dates (and duration for that matter) in MSP don't line up with the dates displayed in Clarity.   The PM is concerned these dates will throw off reporting, but he's having a difficult time correcting dates that aren't displaying consistently.  Thanks,  Daniel

• 2.  Re: Clarity Task/Project Dates don't match dates in MSP

Posted Sep 10, 2009 12:06 AM
    Daniel,  MSP integration is a tricky topic. First of all, there is documentation on how MSP should be configured in order to work together with Clarity as smoothly as possible. These settings are important in order to adapt the way MSP "thinks" about project schedules to the way Clarity "thinks" about it. I'm assuming you followed this documentation and configured the general settings in MSP?  You say that task durations are change din MSP. This does not surprise me. Basically, MSP is a scheduling application, and it's doing its job: Scheduling the project based on the knowledge it has about tasks, assignments, calendars, resource load and availability, etc.Since MSProject tends to auto-schedule, I can well imagine that your PM has a hard time changing the dates. We have similar "issues" in some of our customer projects, but in almost all cases they are due to the different scheduling approaches between Clarity and MSP and "wrong" expectations.  Not sure this helps...  Daniel (another one)

• 3.  Re: Clarity Task/Project Dates don't match dates in MSP

Posted Sep 10, 2009 01:32 AM
    There is a whole thread devoted to MSP, please try this previous post   where I attempt to provide a technique to help solve this.  http://caforums.ca.com/ca/board/message?board.id=CAClarityGeneralDiscussion&message.id=2805#M2805  Cheers,