Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Default Clarity Resource Password? (edit:STILL NEED HELP)

• 1.  Default Clarity Resource Password? (edit:STILL NEED HELP)

Posted Sep 14, 2009 05:36 AM
    Can anyone confirm that when a new resource is created in clarity, the password is 'niku2000', also, can this be changed somewhere????    

needing more help please,

• 2.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 06:50 AM
    Kerry,  When a new resource is created whatever you have provided whether it is  manually or batch upload will be the Default password,since it is an Mandantory field,you need to provide an Password.For admin when you are logging for the first time  the default password will be  admin.  You can  "update" the   pwd in   "cmn_sec_users" table  by specifying the user id.  update cmn_sec_users set pwd='' where id =Respective User Id  ;  pwd=?   (take the pwd of admin which you know and update it,so that you can use that pwd and then change the pwd accordingly.  regards,sundar

• 3.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 07:02 AM
      |   view attached
    Thank you for your erply Sundar. Our process is to create the resource in  Clarity  using Resource Management, then after the resource is created, go to the Admin side of Clarity and fill in rest of information. There is a password already inserted when this happens. I was told it was 'niku2000', so i am  asking if this can be defaulted to something other than what it is. Our process is to change this at creation time to 'Password1' and check box the force change.  Hope i have explained a little better. :-) Message Edited by furrelkt on 09-14-2009 11:02 AM [left]

Attachment(s)

• 4.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 07:32 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Keri,               Yes. You can change the default password as niku2000 to any password what you want to set.This default password is only applicable while doing XOG (User).                    Any Customization is not recommanded by CA. Please take backup file before change.   Just change defalut password what you want to set in cmn_users_write.xql under \webroot\WEB-INF\xog\xql    Orginal:      

WARNING
          New Users Password will be Defaulted to Value niku2000
          ALL RECORDS
            After Modified:  

WARNING
          New Users Password will be Defaulted to Value senthil2
          ALL RECORDS
          XOG Output:  

ALL RECORDS

WARNING
                                  New Users Password will be Defaulted to Value senthil2

ThanksSenthil.

Attachment(s)

zip
    cmn_users_write.zip   5 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 07:57 AM
    Kerry,  Just for checking purpose You can  download  your pmd files under security (user) and check.    regards,  sundar

• 6.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 08:04 AM
    Keri ,  i thought you are creating via user(Admin) login so reverted back earlier.Just took an sql trace and find that even though an resource is created first the user details are  inserted and then only resource details are inserted.So first he should an user then resource.Took an sqltrace@7 found this.so where this pwd is coming.Really don't know but as iam rushing will soon try to find(?)    PMD:STATEMENT-SET: nmc.updateUser in userPMD.xml
     PMD:STATEMENT: nmc.updateUser in userPMD.xml NDE:PSTM@12c734c: Non-SQL Time: 10
    update cmn_sec_users set
                            user_name=?,
                            first_name=?,
                            last_name=?,
                            pwd=?,
                            email_address=?,
                            user_status_id=?,
                            language_id=?,
                            company_id=?,
                            last_updated_date=?,
                            last_updated_by=?,
                            force_pwd_change=?,
                            timezone=?,
                            locale=?,
                            is_ldap=?
                              where id=?
      NDE:CONN@1b1deea: prepareStatement(string)
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 1, 3000900
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 2, Rod
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 3, Laver
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 4, 2Xf2fwe23000900jc24olD223ss
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 5, test@test.com
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 6, 200
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 7, 1
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setNull(): 8, 2
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 9, 2009-09-15 01:49:13.633
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setInt(): 10, 1
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 11, 0
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 12, Europe/London
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 13, en_US
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 14, 0
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 15, 6345278
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: executeUpdate(): ExecuteTime: 2
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: close(): Open Time: 4
      PMD:STATEMENT: nmc.updateResource in userPMD.xml
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: Non-SQL Time: 1
    UPDATE SRM_RESOURCES SET
                            LAST_NAME=?,
                            FIRST_NAME=?,
                            UNIQUE_NAME=?,
                            FULL_NAME=?,
                            EMAIL=?,
                            MANAGER_ID=?,
                            IS_ACTIVE=?,
                            IS_EXTERNAL=?,
                            PERSON_TYPE=?,
                            LAST_UPDATED_DATE=?,
                            LAST_UPDATED_BY=?
                                  WHERE USER_ID=?
      NDE:CONN@1b1deea: prepareStatement(string)
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 1, Laver
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 2, Rod
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 3, 3000900
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 4, Laver, Rod
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 5, test@test.com
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 6, 1
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 7, 1
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 8, 0
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 9, 300
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 10, 2009-09-15 01:49:13.639
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setInt(): 11, 1
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: setObject(): 12, 6345278
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: executeUpdate(): ExecuteTime: 2
      NDE:PSTM@145ad3d: close(): Open Time: 4
      NDE:CONN@1b1deea: commit()
      NDE:CONN@1b1deea: close()
    EndAction: nmc.updateUserAndContinue TotalTime: 309 msecs  sundar  

• 7.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 09:10 AM
    Sundar,I am looking at the userPMD.xml, and i don't see where it's defaulting (inserting) to something specific as 'niku2000' or something like 'msITZC10L/AStB+GPYjGpDjOz3OXUCwWe58kIatVhRA='.      What am i missing?  

• 8.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 09:21 AM
    Hi,     You can' set default pasword while creating a new resource from GUI Mode. Just Look at userPMD.xml   file,   the parameter value is taken from user properties page which you have entered, once insert or update staement is executed. Is only applicable to set default password to anypassword while doing XOG. Otherwise you can't.   I already provided file details where you have to change the default password.  Let me  know, how to create a new userfor manual or process?  ThanksSenthil.

• 9.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 09:33 AM
    senthil, Yes. You can change the default password as niku2000 to any password what you want to set.This default password is only applicable while doing XOG (User). Okay, i understand it better now...ONLY can use while doing XOG, not the manual process in which we are entering the resource manually.  However, at some point I would like to create a process that would once the resource is entered into Clarity via Resource Management/Resources/New, run this process each night as a job...(I am guessing they are just a resource at this point??, since not created in the Admin side as USER???) The process would  define the security they need as resources, add all the extra details needed from the Admin side of resource...set the user to ACTIVE instead of LOCK, default the password to 'Password1', etc...etc...  So i would use XOG/GEL process to update the new resources? Am i looking at this properly now?         Message Edited by furrelkt on 09-14-2009 01:49 PM [left]

• 10.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 09:54 AM
    Hi,           You couldn't see resource object in process module. You can achive this while doing XOG.   Just prepare user template andinsert or update user properties by using XOG.    ThanksSenthil.

Attachment(s)

doc
    Resource Object.doc   123 KB 1 version
    zip
    cmn_users_write.zip   672 B 1 version

• 11.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 14, 2009 10:24 AM
    Senthil,Thank you for your help. So, use the cmn_users_write.xql template for XOG insert/update? Since i am new to XOGing and have only done one process using GEL. Its a timesheet approval process, but haven't used a template. I will have to do a lot of research. :-)          

• 12.  Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Sep 22, 2009 11:26 AM
    Hi,    Finally with the help of sangeet (Pointed the file) i found where the default password is stored and it worked.i checked this due to one reason ,yrs back when i attended my bootcamp   i still remember we want to wherethe default password is stored and my instructor told it is possible and when asked him he told to search the security file.so got an interest to find the system file.    It worked fine but don't try that in Production.     The file can be found in \clarity\META-INF\projmgr\xbl\odf\resourceInsertService.xbl file.Even after changing it iam not able to login.Then i found that theunique_name is passed in between the password.You can also check that the unique_name will be there in the default password.    Sql Trace:-     NDE:CONN@1b1deea: prepareStatement(string)
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 1, 3000900
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 2, Rod
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 3, Laver
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 4, 2Xf2fwe23000900jc24olD223ss
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 5, test@test.com
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 6, 200
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 7, 1
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setNull(): 8, 2
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setObject(): 9, 2009-09-15 01:49:13.633
      NDE:PSTM@12c734c: setInt(): 10, 1
       resourceInsertService.xbl file    

2Xf2fwe2{$unique_name}jc24olD223ss "/>

2Xf2fwe23000900jc24olD223ss,in this 3000900 is user id and 2Xf2fwe2jc24olD223ss is the pwd.   Important: - Then i took an backup of   resourceInsertService.xbl file and then Edited it.  Then i removed the {$unique_name} parameter and provided only the password 6i2F/qrI82hwePMHEo93tQ==     which is (niku2009) .i resetted the admin pwd to niku2009 and then take the  password from the Query to the xbl file.  select password from cmn_sec_users where user_name = 'admin'  

After that re-started the services.Then created 2 resources via resource page and found in the Sql trace thatthe pwd which i have set in the file is passed.Then after changing         the user status = 'Active'   iam able to log in and even changed the pwd and again logged in and inputted timesheets too..     Thanks to Sangeet for getting it..  Cheers,sundar      

• 13.  RE: Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Jul 06, 2010 04:39 PM
    sundar and senthil,
    i have tried the examples you both have suggested and i have not been able to get this done correctly.
    <!-- niku2000 value -->
      <xbl:variable name="pwdval" value="uOKlIQvhjQY5DkehDm8EWN825FHlOsjjRg+jaQcvmlQ="/>
      <xbl:variable name="emptypval" value=""/>
      <xbl:xogwarn>
        <Severity>WARNING</Severity>
        <Description>New Users Password will be Defaulted to Value niku2000</Description>
        <column name="ALL">ALL RECORDS</column>
      </xbl:xogwarn>
    and
     <xbl:parameter name="password" value="2Xf2fwe2{$unique_name}jc24olD223ss"/>
    I changed them to reflect "Password1" which would be "GVE/3J2k+3KkoF62aRdUjTyQ/5TVQZ4fI2PuqJ3+4d0="

I also stopped BG services before change, made the change and saved and then restarted the services.

Any help would be helpful.

:-)

Thanks,
    Keri

• 14.  RE: Re: Default Clarity Resource Password?

Posted Feb 16, 2011 03:41 PM
    I have a similar case where I am trying to find out the source of a parameter value.

The action of opening the dashboard of a project is giving error for one user and not for other. Both users have same rights set up. Below is the trace part at level 14. I wonder where the value "5004084" comes from.

PMD:STATEMENT: security.checkInstanceRight_stmt in securityPMD.xml at Wed Feb 16 14:49:27 EST 2011
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: Non-SQL Time: 16
    select niku.CMN_SEC_CHECK_INST_RIGHT_FCT(?,?,?,?,?,?) num
    from dual
    NDE:CONN@e64795: prepareStatement(string)
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setObject(): 1, 5309332
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setObject(): 2, CMN
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setObject(): 3, PAGE
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setObject(): 4, PAGE
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setObject(): 5, VIEW
    NDE:PSTM@55eed8: setInt(): 6, 5004084

Any ideas if we can find how this value is being set.