Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Allocation vs ETC

• 1.  Allocation vs ETC

Posted Sep 29, 2009 04:40 PM
    I am able to use the Weekly details portlet to display the Allocations or ETC in a time scale format. Our customer like to see both the values in a time scaled format. Portlet wouldn't allow us to include two fields as time scaled format. Any ideas on how this can be achieved?  

• 2.  Re: Allocation vs ETC

Posted Sep 29, 2009 11:32 PM
      |   view attached
    In v12 I can get the Weekly portlet to display both Allocation and ETC by selecting the secondary value for the field.However, there seems to be some features in it:- the bar graph displays both- as a number the secondary values is displayed only with mouse over when the two numbers are the same, when they are different the secondary value is properly displayed (within the available display formattting)  Other than the you have the optiosn of having two of the portlets one for Allocation and the other for ETC and creating a custom portlet with both Allocation and ETC in the in. In the lattter case you could have them displayed in the same column or in adjacent columns.  Martti K.  

• 3.  Re: Allocation vs ETC

Posted Sep 30, 2009 02:56 AM
    I would suggest 2 portlets for the wanted details and then the use of a page filter so that both portlets are filtered together.  Layout (side by side) or (over/under) will depend on the amount of data being displayed.  I don't think you can display 2 sub-rows per dimension row except through the secondary value (as stated above) but I have not tried it so I'm happy to be surprised :-)

• 4.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 16, 2012 04:11 PM
    Go to Resource Planning -configure-fileds-weekly allocations proerties tab- under value attributes add what you want. I habe ETC and hard allocations. Last change display type to number.

• 5.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 16, 2012 04:16 PM
    HI Atul.

You can def had bot ETC and Allocation to the portlet in a Time Scale Value, we use it all the time in the resource planning portlets, make sure you have show legend column checked so you know which line item is ETC and which is Allocation.

Thanks
    Tammi

• 6.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 16, 2012 04:37 PM
    Would you like to give a screenshot of the portlet and of how you configure it.
    When I add a second timescaled fiedl that does not get saved.

Martti K.

• 7.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 16, 2012 05:01 PM
    (you do realise how old this thread is don't you?..... theres a lot of this about! :sad )

• 8.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 17, 2012 04:35 AM
    If you are talking to me. yes I realize, but I am not the one who opens all the old threads.
    However, the two posts suggests the there is a way to have two timescaled sections in one portlet. That it something I cannot do, but certainly would like to know it is done if it is possible.
    So I am curiously waiting for responses.

Martti K.

• 9.  RE: Allocation vs ETC
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2012 08:45 AM
    Ok go to Resource Management - Resource Planning

Actions - Configure

Under General select Fields.

Look for the Weekly Allocations Property icon and select it.

At the top left you see Value Attrubites

In the Selected box I have hard Allocations and ETC added

Now under Display hit the drop down arrow and select Number

Hit Submit

Hit Save and Exit

You should now see a double row of numbers. If you have allocated from estimates and your PM/manager has managed the the user correctly the numbers should be the same.

• 10.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted May 19, 2012 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the education. You had to spell it out for me.
    The key was that the Attribute is multiselect.

I was trying to get two timescales (like you would prefer if you have Actuals and ETC which have different time frame)

Sorry about the misleading info.

Martti K.

• 11.  Re: RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted Aug 28, 2014 02:34 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/98138199-46610/TSV_settings.jpg

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/98138199-46609/Conf_fields.jpg

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/98138199-46608/Weekly_detail.jpg

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/98138199-46607/Actions.jpg

• 12.  RE: Allocation vs ETC

Posted Jun 06, 2012 11:12 AM
    Everything old is new again :grin:

Bell bottoms and tie-dyed t-shirts are coming back! :lol: