Clarity

• 1.  Returning Portlet Filter values to the Portlet Grid Results

Posted Oct 16, 2009 11:23 AM
    Is it possible to return portlet filter values to the portlet grid results. I would like to be able to filter by a date range but then return the filter range values to the results set.    Here is the general idea (but this doesnt work):  SELECT @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.UNIQUE_ID:UNIQUE_ID@,
          @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.PROJECT:PROJECT@,
          @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.WEEK_ENDING:WEEK_ENDING@,
          @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.FILTER_VALUE_FROM:FILTER_VALUE_FROM@ ,       @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.FILTER_VALUE_TO:FILTER_VALUE_TO@ FROM (
          SELECT (I.ID || S.ID) UNIQUE_ID,
                  I.NAME PROJECT,
                  S.WEEK_ENDING WEEK_ENDING,
                  @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:WEEK_ENDING_FROM @ FILTER_VALUE_FROM ,               @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:WEEK_ENDING_TO @ FILTER_VALUE_TO
          FROM INV_INVESTMENTS I
                  JOIN ODF_CA_STATUS S ON I.ID = S.ODF_PARENT_ID) V
    WHERE 1 = 1
          AND @FILTER@  Where WEEK_ENDING_FROM and WEEK_ENDING_TO are the references to what the @FILTER@ produces when you do a SQL preview:  ...AND V.WEEK_ENDING >= :week_ending_from
    AND V.WEEK_ENDING

• 2.  Re: Returning Portlet Filter values to the Portlet Grid Results
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2009 12:38 AM
    Yes you can include the parameter as a constant column, and the logic of your approach seems ok (I can't test it right now). Maybe try something like this?[left]
    SELECT
    @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.UNIQUE_ID:UNIQUE_ID@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.PROJECT:PROJECT@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.WEEK_ENDING:WEEK_ENDING@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.FILTER_VALUE_FROM:FILTER_VALUE_FROM@
    , @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:INVESTMENT:V.FILTER_VALUE_TO:FILTER_VALUE_TO@
    FROM (
    SELECT
    S.ID UNIQUE_ID /* you may not need to do this concatenation, now its numeric */
    , I.NAME PROJECT
    , S.WEEK_ENDING WEEK_ENDING
    , @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:WEEK_ENDING_FROM@ FILTER_VALUE_FROM
    , @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:WEEK_ENDING_TO@ FILTER_VALUE_TO
    FROM INV_INVESTMENTS I
    JOIN ODF_CA_STATUS S ON I.ID = S.ODF_PARENT_ID
    WHERE S.WEEK_ENDING >= @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:DATE:WEEK_ENDING_FROM@
    AND S.WEEK_ENDING no guarantee on this code whatsoever!  [left]  [left] nag nag, I prefer commas first ;-) see   this image    for why.[left]
    [left]

• 3.  Re: Returning Portlet Filter values to the Portlet Grid Results

Posted Oct 19, 2009 11:02 AM
    This has worked perfectly - thank you! I should remember to put WHERE parameters in the WHERE clause!

• 4.  RE: Re: Returning Portlet Filter values to the Portlet Grid Results

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2011 01:46 PM

jadams_nyc wrote:

This has worked perfectly - thank you! I should remember to put WHERE parameters in the WHERE clause!
    Hi

Were you able to get the Date Range working in Filter?

If so, could you please send across a copy of the NSQL and the screen shot of the portlet.

Thanks
    Muthu
    muthugomu.rathnamswamy@ca.com

• 5.  RE: Re: Returning Portlet Filter values to the Portlet Grid Results

Posted Jun 23, 2011 12:18 AM
    ^ DATE RANGEs work fine for normal attributes. Two separate :WHERE:PARAM: fields are required to implement the same sort of functionality using 'user parameter' fields (but they will implement as 2 distinct fields rather than one date field rendered as a 'date range').

Perhaps if you describe your problem you might get a better response?