Clarity

• 1.  winproj.exe memory error on save back to Clarity

Posted Oct 27, 2009 07:23 AM
    Hi  Some of our users have started getting a winproj.exe memory error on saving back some (not all) projects to Clarity.The memory on the PC's has been upgraded to 2Gb and they have plenty of room on their hard disks, we've even tried to reinstall both MSP and the MSP to Clarity link but nothing has worked.  I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and how you got around it.  ThanksDebib

• 2.  Re: winproj.exe memory error on save back to Clarity

Posted Oct 27, 2009 05:41 PM
    1. Check if your Project Management settings (http:// debib wrote:
    ... started getting a winproj.exe memory error on saving back some (not all) projects to Clarity.   2. In situations where you have 'some' I usually find it helpful to look for common factors amongst these and in turn this can help pinpoint the root cause: e.g Is it exclusive to a group of staff? In one location? Anything common about their workstations (but different to others)?  Is the MSP version/fix-pack the same for them? Could it be a version of VBA that has changed? or other workstation changes? in particular Java   Are these master projects? Do they share a common project?  Can you open any of these problem projects on any machine?   [no   to answer these here btw, they are just ideas]

• 3.  Re: winproj.exe memory error on save back to Clarity
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2009 01:47 AM
    Just a quick update, on further discussion with the user it appeared that this started happening after a network connection was lost in the middle of saving this particular plan back to Clarity from MSP.We thought the MPP file may have been corrupted during this so took the decision to remove it from the database, removing the local copy had not worked.   I am pleased to say that this has resolved the problem.