Clarity

• 1.  Value is too large error on Calculated Read Only attribute

Posted Dec 01, 2009 06:24 AM
    I'm getting a "Value is too large error" that I can't figure out.   Here's the situation.....In the Project object I wanted to control the editability of the Project Name and Project ID values, but the normal security model would not allow me to dictate "this group can edit, but this group cannot".   My solution was to put the attributes on a sub-page that I could control access to via security rights, however, I would still need to make the ID and Name fields visible in the General Properties page.   So I created Calculated/Virtual string fields for ID and Name.   The calculated expression is just the concat function with a single attribute reference.   The problem is when I hit save or submit, I get the "Value is too large" error and it points to the virtual Name field, and even opens it up for editing, which is odd because it is, by defnition, a read-only attribute.   I have to shorten it to about 10 characters in order for the save/submit button to be accepted, but since it's virtual, it doesn't any chances to the name (which it should not).   I have checked SQL trace and the app log, but nothing there indicates what could be going on.  Any ideas?ThanksBeekerC

• 2.  Re: Value is too large error on Calculated Read Only attribute

Posted Dec 02, 2009 07:33 AM
    Hi All,  Any ideas here for Brian?   If not Brian you may want to log an issue with Support to see if they have a quick answer.  Regards,Chris

• 3.  RE: Re: Value is too large error on Calculated Read Only attribute

Posted Jun 25, 2012 05:57 PM
    Hi BeekerC,

I have the same issue, were you able to resolve " Value is too large"

I am using Clarity Version 12.0

Thanks,
    Puja

• 4.  RE: Value is too large error on Calculated Read Only attribute

Posted Mar 12, 2014 03:41 PM

Hi All,

I think there is a limitation of 30 characters as i am also facing the same while referring an parameterized Read Only field in a lookup.

• 5.  RE: Value is too large error on Calculated Read Only attribute

Posted Mar 13, 2014 08:51 PM

Hi

Not sure what version you are running on. There's Technical Document TEC523062

Title:  Saving a read-only field (custom attribute) with more than 20 characters on the Project Properties Page results in a "Value is too large" error.

available under:

https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC523062

I checked defect CLRT-15364 mentioned there - it has been resolved in Clarity 13.0

Hope this helps.

Regards

Biljana