Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 02, 2009 01:25 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,  I would like to have your view on the timesheet validation process below.  We set up a timesheet controls thanks to the process functionality of Clarity.  Step1: a user enters his timesheetStep2: the validation job linked to the process is checking different controls. If the control failed we update the timesheet status to rejected and if not the status remains submitted.  Problem with that:1. everybody who has approved rights for the user gets a notification whatever the results of validation2. we can skip the validation by submitting and approving the timesheet right away. It doesn't let time the process engine to run the validations checks.  Today when  I enter a non numeric information in the timesheet, i have a nice message. It will be really great if we can configure that for others checks. When will it be possible? Does someone know?  ThanksBest regardsItaï  

• 2.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 03, 2009 07:34 AM
    Hi Itai,  I am checking with someone on this one and will let you know what I hear back.   Meanwhile maybe another user here has input as well.  Regards,Chris

• 3.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 03, 2009 08:51 AM
    Below is response back.   Beyond that you may want to log an issue with Support for further unless another user here can assist.    1) I’m not sure on
    this.     If a timesheet is process driven I think the out of box
    notification logic doesn’t happen, but I haven’t looked at that closely lately.

2) Are they locking the
    timesheet (by locking the status) upon the process starting up?   The
    locking will prevent them from pushing it through without the
    process.     However,   if they have self approval rights, they
    still may be able to self approve the timesheet before the process kicks in.

3) You can’t configure messages
    for timesheets (at least there is not ui for this, but they could hack the
    properties files….for some messages)    For the error message:  

I think they are using that error message to
    handle any general field entry issue and it is not configurable anyway.

Message Edited by Chris_Hackett on 12-03-2009 10:51 AM [left]

• 4.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 03, 2009 09:31 AM
    We use a custom process that uses a couple of different validations.However, no one has timesheet approval rights.We control that through the process itself.  Specifically:Timesheet submittedValidation runs           - if valid ->           Action Item to appropriate approvers(s)           Timesheet status changed based on Action Item status           - if invalid -> changes timesheet status to Returned  This way we avoid the auto-notification.

• 5.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 03, 2009 11:47 AM
    Hi Guys,  thanks very much for your answers. Do you know if it will be possible one day to add customized checks in the timesheet screen like the one we have today when we enter a character.  We want to use the timesheet functionality for more than 80 000 resources and I'm wondering if the process engine will be able to support that if we manage the validations through processes. I have doubt ....What's your view?  Best regardsItaï

• 6.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 03, 2009 01:28 PM
    Hi Itai,  I would recommend logging an issue with Support for this.   That way if there's a quick answer they can give it to you.   If it doesn't support what you need they can enter an enhancement request for you.  Regards,Chris

• 7.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 04, 2009 04:34 AM
    AndreaMC,  Is it possible for you to provide a sample of your timesheet validation process?  CLEisne

• 8.  Re: Timesheet validation

Posted Dec 07, 2009 06:27 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi there,  please find attached the validation process. We have the followings problems with that:   When the RM rejects a timesheet, the status of the timesheet is updated in a real time but not the PM action items. Is it possible to change the NSA setting Exception Run Interval from more often to custom...[left] When a resource is submiting a timesheet, whatever the results of the validation failed or success, the RM or the PM is getting a notification to approve the timesheet. We suggest to  disable the timsheet notification alert.[left] If someone is submitting and approving a timesheet right away, there is a risk for the validation job to be skipped[left] When a resource submits a timesheet without hours the PM got an empty action item[left] What do you think about that?Best regardsItaï  

Attachment(s)

doc
    Approval flow.doc   341 KB 1 version