Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Project - Collaboration tab

Anon Anon

Anon AnonDec 11, 2009 12:05 AM

• 1.  Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 07, 2009 03:24 AM
    Hello,I have problem displaying Collaboration tab in project. Resource, who is manager of project  and member of project team too, can see Collaboration tab, but when he click the tab,  there is nothing displayed  on this tab (forms, documents, action items, calendar   and discussion)  - this happens on clear Clarity install, after XOG ing some information from test environment. This has happend even to user, who has all  access rights that exists in Clarity.  I was checking log files, but i have not found any relevant error messages. Has anybody idea, what could happen?  Thank you!    

• 2.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 07, 2009 08:54 AM
    Hi Mart  - Which version of Clarity are you on?- Is this issue happening  for xog projects  and projects created from application?- Can you please share input xml file that you are xogging in?  ThanksSiva

• 3.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 07, 2009 05:35 PM
    You can have every access right visible through the admin menu - and still not have collaboration rights.  Collaboration rights are managed through the application menu only - except for "Automatically Add Staff Members As Project Participant" under Project Mangement > Settings  What is this seeting in your system?  

• 4.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 12:08 AM
    Hello,
    my Clarity version is R12 SP with Prince2 and PMO accelerators. The setting is that PM is automatically added to project team. That is not the problem. Collaboration tab is displaying correctly. If logged user is not member of team, tab is not displayed, if it is, tab is displayed. That is OK. But the problem comes when user click the tab. Collaboration tab is displayed, but with no content. I think that this could be some kind of defect, that is caused by incorectly XOGed objects, but there were no errors when exporting or importing xog xml files. I was transfering modified Project and Task objects, one new Process, two portlets, one page, OBS etc. from test environment to new production environment. None of transfered   informations seem to be related to Collaboration...
    Currently I am trying to reinstall DB, accelerators and to XOG information in parts, to see when and if the problem will raise again.

• 5.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 12:20 AM
    Hi,I also have the same problem, Clarity r12, SP4.I have a clean environment, an Admin user who creates a new project but still does not have access to Collaboration tab content.The Admin is marked as a Collaboration Manager on the Staff-> Participants list (!)  It actually seems like a defect to me.  Best regards,Pawel Krystosiak

• 6.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 08, 2009 05:24 AM
    Mart,  In this case i assume that the PM is not the colloboration manager for that project and responding...  The resource whoever creates the project will be the default colloboration manager.If the projects is created by PMO,Admin then they will be colloboration manager not the PM.They must add the PM also as an colloboration manager.so pls check who is the colloboration manager for that project.And also if he is in the team he will not get any access,he must be the participant of the project.If the Folders / Files are restricted to allow only the participants can have access then you will not view any thing except error.so login as the collob mgr and then make thePM as CBM and then try to access the Folders,Files....    cheers,sundar  

• 7.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 12:35 AM
    Hi Mart,                   1) Only Participants can access the collaboration tab and also access the folder and documents.         2)  Non participants can't access the  collaboratiob tab, if "Project - View Documents" access is not assigned resource  or  groups level         3) If non participant need to access the collaboration tab, please provide the "Project - View Documents" access rights for OBS Unit level from resource or groups level.         4) Project OBS Should be tagged and also condition need to met whatever provided the obs unit in "Project - View Documents" access.         5) Allow Non-participants to Access Folder check box should be checked whenever create a new folder. if not select, non participant can't access the folder.         6) Allow Non-participants to Access Document check box should be checked whenever uploaded a new document. if not select, non participant can't access the document.  ThanksSenthil.

• 8.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 01:09 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Mart & Powell,                           Please look at the attahced file. you can get the clear idea about collaboration tab functionality.  ThanksSenthil. Message Edited by senthil on 12-09-2009 06:14 AM [left]

Attachment(s)

doc
    Screenshot.doc   348 KB 1 version

• 9.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 03:38 AM
    In r8.1 there was a bug which causedthe collaboration tab to appear not as designed.  Martti K.

• 10.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 09:03 AM
    I am attaching screenshots.Picture no. 3 shows the defect - if there is collaboration tab, logged usert is participant, and tab should display some content... Screenshots are made on clean Clarity install without any accelerators. I will probably open an new issue. It is interesting, that testing environment is the   same Clarity version, and there is no problem.  Pawel, did you solve the problem you are experiencing?

• 11.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 09, 2009 10:51 PM
    Hi Mart,  no, I haven't, I'm afraid. I tthink it's worth submitting to CA Support as a new potential defect.  Pawel

• 12.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 10, 2009 10:02 PM
    Problem was solved (workarounded) by complete unistall / install of Clarity, accelerators and database reinstall.   I hope that your comments will help someone dealing with Collaboration features in Clarity. Thank you.

• 13.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 10:42 PM
    Mart: Which SP was that? Are there versions on the accelerators?Are you gonna use the work around again if the problem reoccurs?Did you open a support case?  Pawel: Do you have any accelrators installed?  Martti K. Message Edited by another_martink on 11-12-2009 10:43 AM [left]

• 14.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 11:14 PM
    All versions are the latest, you can download at this time.Clarity version is r12/SP4Prince2 accelerator:1.1PMO: 1.3I am sure that this isue was only one time "hitch" during the installation. I'm not gonna open support case at this time. We have alsp another test environment, that is working OK in this configuration.

• 15.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 11:19 PM
    Well, I have to object. Since I got exactly the same issue, it cannot be so easily skipped. The more so, still I don't know how to deal with it and I CANNOT just reinstall it all.So, please, if any of you have any suggestions, just shoot!  Pawel

• 16.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 11:22 PM
    Hi Mark,  Where can i download the Prince2 accelerator:1.1 package from support sites. if possible can you please provide the link, where Prince2 accelerator:1.1 package is available.  ThanksSenthil.

• 17.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 11:26 PM
    Accelerators can be downloaded from support portal:  Support.ca.com - Download Center - CA Clarity PPM MULTI PLATFORM - 12.0 - SP4 - Go

• 18.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 10, 2009 11:45 PM
    You need to purchase license to accelerators and add on   (other than PMO).Until lthen you don't see them in the downloads or document downloads.That is you don't even know what there is until you purchase the license.  Martti K. Message Edited by another_martink on 11-12-2009 02:04 PM [left]

• 19.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 11, 2009 12:05 AM
    Thanks Mart and Marrti......

• 20.  Re: Project - Collaboration tab

Posted Dec 11, 2009 06:23 AM
    Not sure if this helps at all but I heard from a CA trainer that there was something new in R12 in that as part of the install process you had to install XDM in order for collaboration to work properly or display.   I don't know the exact details but it may be worth looking into...     As to how XDM related to project collaboration.