Clarity

• 1.  Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 17, 2009 06:32 AM
    Has anyone encountered (this is in 7.5.3) a problem where project STAFF members have gone missing?  --  We allocated some resources to a project (thus making them STAFF and PARTICPANTS).   Now some time later, we look at the project in Clarity (7.5.3) and they are not in the STAFF list (but they are still in the PARTICIPANT list).  Clarity will not let us re-add them to the STAFF list (which it would do if we had just removed them as STAFF) - and there are still entries for the resources on the PRTEAM table.  --  I think the project has got "corrupted" somehow, but I do not know where to start to "fix" it.  We also can not open the plan in OWB, this may/may not be related (OWB throws a "Missing parameter the resource couldn't be found in this project team" error)  Dave.

• 2.  Re: Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 17, 2009 07:37 AM
      |   view attached
    Dave,  some silly questions.  1. Is that missing resources has any assignments or actuals?2. Find the basic conditions for an resources to appear in Project Team tab (sql trace / or xbl/xql files) and check with other projects and then check any relationship is missing?3. Has the PM mistakenly deleted the resourcesin MSP / OWP and then saved back to clarity,so if have the assignments they are still appearing in Team Tab (?????)    cheers,sundar

Attachment(s)

zip
    TeamXql.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 17, 2009 07:51 AM
    I've seen a similar case in r8.1The project gave an error when trying to open and you would not open the plan in OWB either.Theere was an older version in test and that opened OK.  The project could be read with XOG. but could not be written to test system on the top of the existing one.The error was that a resource was not in the team.After adding the resource to the team it did not complain about that, but                                   WARNING
                                  XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported on tracked resources in tracked projects.
    XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported on tracked resources in tracked projects.
    XOG-3907: Actuals cannot be imported on tracked resources in tracked projects.and plenty more of the same  Then adding the resource to the team in the prod solved the problem.Apparently the plan was corrupted and there were assignments for the resource which was not in the team.I never got an answer from support how that was possible.Normally you should not be able to delete resource from the team if the y have assignments.  Martti K.    

• 4.  Re: Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 17, 2009 07:58 AM
    Yeah "corrupt" is definately my feeling!  The "missing STAFF members" do have tasks assigned to them (i.e. that is consistant with them still being in the PRTEAM table etc), just they do not appear in the STAFF list.  Unfortunately I do not have the level of admin access to the system that we have encountered the problem in than I usuall "enjoy" so poking around oon teh database (and I suspect XOG) is not possible for me at the moment!  --  I'll see how the real support team for that environment get on!  Dave.

• 5.  Re: Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 17, 2009 08:54 AM
    Are there assignmens view in 7.5.3? Do any of the actions work there?Can you use your own trick to display the nondisplayble assignment by modifying the UR or replace the resources with dummies that are not yet in the Staff    Martti K

• 6.  Re: Missing STAFF members

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:10 AM
    YES there are assignments for my "missing staff" - I can go to the task screens in the GUI, and on the "Assignments" subtab I can filter for tasks assigned to my "missing staff" (and data is returned).

--

And If I change the URL of a TEAM record to reference one of my "missing staff" then the screen shows OK, the "missing staff" member's name is in the screen title ok, but not in the Resource field on screen!!--  So I have had a poke around in a local test system (I SQL-traced the same screens on my local Clarity instance and then started to play with the data) and I now suspect that the PRTEAM records are missing their associated ODF_CA_TEAM entries  (I assume I'm right in thinking that there should ALWAYS be an ODF_CA_TEAM record for every PRTEAM record??).    Certainly when I recreate that (missing ODF_CA_TEAM) scenario in my local test instance I get the same symptoms in the local Clarity GUI as I have in the "real" system.  --  Should be a simple "fix" then (just recreate - "unsupported" of course - these records), but I don't have admin access to this system with the error so I might be stuck now!  Dave.

• 7.  Re: Missing STAFF members
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 05, 2010 01:27 AM
    For completeness I'll tidy up this thread.  --  The problems were resolved by recreating the missing ODF_CA_TEAM records.  In the 7.5.3 environment this was done with;  
    insert into ODF_CA_TEAM ( id ) select prid
    from PRTEAM t
    where
    t.prprojectid = <PROJECT ID HERE>
    and not exists ( select 1 from ODF_CA_TEAM o where o.id = t.prid);

(In a Clarity8+ environment you'd also need to provide defaults for the extra system columns; (partition_code/created_date/created_by/last_updated_date/last_updated_by))    The explicit symptoms we were getting were that the project TEAM page was not displaying all the real team members - i.e. there were resources assigned to tasks who did not appear in the team list).   More critically, when we were unable to open the plan in OWB, we received a "resource not found" error.  Dave.