Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 20, 2009 05:26 PM
    Im wondering if there is a means by which the "CA Clarity PPM" image at the top left hand side of the application screen can be replaced by either a corporate image or with an image that can be used to indicate whether the user is in the DEV, TEST or PROD environment.  Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:27 AM
    I assume you are in V12?  In V8 this is detailed in the "Administration" guide, under "Changing the Clarity Logo" on p42.  I would guess that V12 is the same technique (but I can't spot this in the V12 Administration guide) ; but the V8 technique was just changing the /webroot/ui/default/themes/brand.gif file.    Give it a go, see what happens!   (You'd need to restart the APP services I expect after changing the file)  Dave.

• 3.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:59 AM
    Hi,  (In the v12 Installation Guide page no 112 --Under UI Themes)  How to Change the Application Logo Image

The CA Clarity PPM logo (brand image) appears on the top left corner of the screen when you have CA Clarity PPM open. You can replace the logo with a
    different logo that is in GIF format and is 160W x 60H pixels in size.

Important! Do not change the style settings for this image in the DefaultScreen.css file. It must remain a non-tiling background image that is aligned at
    the bottom left.

To change the logo

1.Log in to CA Clarity System Administration and create a new directory where you can save the logo file. For example:
    /webroot/ui/themes/backupLogo

2.Copy the logo file from the /webroot/ui/themes/default/images directory into the directory you created in Step 1.
    For example:
    copy c:/ /webroot/ui/default/themes/images/brand.gif c:/ /webroot/ui/themes/backupLogo

3.Name your new logo image brand.gif.

4.Place your new login image in the /webroot/ui/themes/default/images directory.

5.Check your work; display any CA Clarity PPM page.    Cheers,sundar  

• 4.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 03:03 AM
    ^ right, thats the same information as in the Administration guide (v8), so its just moved documents!       :-)    

• 5.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 03:20 AM
    Dave (This is one for our Expert),  Since i have not worked in 8.1 (in 7.5.2) there is lot of expectations for v12 (Lot of new features) but when i went for an workshop (5 days)   was slightly disappointed.It has some features butnot so much difference (The datamodel has changed and some has become objects,improved performance,sharepoint 1 way integration (Time being only for project object),audit log).The resource management still (Demand ,Allocation (Hard,Soft,Mixed,resource requisitions) it is not clear (may be for me) i thik it needs improvement like project management and alsoin Timesheets (Nothing changed,but only NPIO can enter timesheets).There should be some improvement in reportings (Portlets -- data should be analyzed by the users themselves).The same old Datamart (I hate that Job ).we need page level validations(Not after the data is entered and saved,before that itself),drill down reporting,data analysis@user level.A real integration with ERP.(i know sure that ERP will not give any authorizations).A change needs to published in ERP and get reflected in clarity ?????  From 8.1 to v12 there will not much any difference.  May be need to wait for next big version Kilimanjaro.......  cheers,sundar  

• 6.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 04:01 AM
    WAY OFF TOPIC (and I'm not quite sure what the question was), but...    There were a lot of technical (and functional) changes between 7.5.x and 8/8.1 - the "upgrade" document that comes with 8.1 covers most (but not all) of those.   There was NOT (at least initially) a similar document with v12 (but there are not so many changes between 8.x and 12 - v12 is really a later version of 8).  Of course lots of new stuff (new user-functionality) gets delivered at every release, but the basic way of working (for us techies) doesn't change much from 7.5 thru 8.x thru 12.  If you attend the PLC calls then you'll have seen the "suggested enhancements" to the admin and user-experiences (things like making OBS mandatory in objects), some of which are apparently "planned" for 12.1 (but not promised!).  And if you've seen Kilimanjaro, for sure the user-experience is much much nicer... but don't expect the "features" that you have got used to in 7.5/8/12 to have changed - functionally Kilimanjaro does not introduce really anything new (either user-functionally or admin-functionally).   If you understand how Clarity "works" behind the scenes, thats the same in Kilimanjaro.  Dave

• 7.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 04:28 AM
    Sorry to Dave E for diverting the topic.  Dave (Senior) has already provided the solution for you.  To Dave (senior -- as per our forums) -- > Thanks.  Just want to  share my thoughts that  v12 is not so different from 7.5.x .(added some features,that's it)  I have not attended the PLC.Will wait for Kilimanjaro.    cheers,sundar

• 8.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 21, 2009 10:30 PM
    To continue the off topic...  As Dave points out in ugrades  there are other things than the ones visible in the GUI.These give better performance and stability like the change in java vm, giving the options for rate matrix extrcation and performance with high number of processes (according to Steve S) and so on.My conclusion is that even if you do not see or need any new functionality you can run your system smoother, with less attention if you upgrade.Secondly if you have problems, it is better to have a supported version.  PCL (Product Line Community) is now   GUC (Global User Community), I think you have said you have downloaded the recordings Sundar.  My undrstanding is tha Kilimanjaro is targeted for on demand for CA World. For installation at user organization HW that will later, maybe a year from now.If you are geared up for upgrade soon, is that schedule acceptable. And again is the upgrade path  to Kilimanjaro finalized? My recollection is that you can upgrade from r12.1 to Kilimanjaro 2. Which means that even if you upgraded now to v12SP5 there would be upgrades needed before you get to Kilimanjaro. More so if you are not in v12.That would mean that not upgrading now, would mean sticking to the old problems you know for another year and doing later the same upgrade step you postpone now.  Martti K.

• 9.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2009 10:51 PM
    To continue the off topic (which i think i shouldnt have done.)  we have already started our work for v12 sp 5 and surely will go live in June 2010. i   know sure that there are some real benefits going to v12 as we arein non-supported version 7.5.x and deliberately waiting for v12 upgrade to use some new features.(Planning to use portfolio,demand mgmt,chargeback,sharepoint integration)and also system performance. Here no body worries or cares about next major version climanjaro focus only on v12 ,thats it.  Its is my personal opinion that i want to share   that it would not very much difficult for a techno functional person who works in 7.5.x will not find any drastical change in v12 thats it.He can learn very quickly.(Functional or Technical),not only GUI but every thing.    cheers,sundar

• 10.  Re: CA Clarity PPM image

Posted Dec 30, 2009 02:29 PM
    Thanks Dave and Sundar for your help.   That seems to be the solution!