Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

• 1.  12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 22, 2009 04:51 AM
    Is there any known method to change the heading for the User Value 1 and User Value 2 used as utility codes on the Timesheet?   I realize these are restricted; but, I'm looking for any advice.  I've researched this forum as well as the Knowledge database and didn't find any tricks.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Vic

• 2.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 22, 2009 05:21 AM
    I can't initially see a supported way of doing this (but if there is, someone please let us know in this post and I'll delete the following information!!!)  --  If you change your own "language settings" then this heading also changes (to the selected langauge) - thats a good start!  This implies (to me) that the the text is held in the CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS table..... but I just tried changing the values on the database (in the NAME field), but the application did not pick that up?  So it might actually be held in the application file " revmgr_nls_en.properties " (as variables "User+Value+1" and "User+Value+2" found in the Niku\clarity\resource directory on the server?  Try varying these (in a DEVELOPMENT instance) to see if you get any results (I recommend stopping and restarting your   APP service between making the change to ensure any changes are picked up).  Once you get the answer (as well as posting   it in here for all us to share!!) - you need to raise a customisation request with CA support to make that sort of change directly to Clarity (rather than it being a supported configuration change)  Dave.

• 3.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 28, 2009 06:00 AM
    Thanks Dave.   I tried updating revmgr_nls_en.properties and stoping/starting services but it didn't change the values in the timesheet.   I didn't have the nerve (or time) to change the values in the captions table but may give that a shot when I have more time.       I will open a ticket with support and see if there is something they recommend.     Many Thanks!     Vic

• 4.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 29, 2009 07:16 AM
      Hi,     Following solution might be helpful to you, If you haven't find any --     For Ex.     1. You want to change 'User Value 1' to 'Project Status'     2. You need to do changes in 'timesheetAdminInclude.xsl' & 'timeadmin_view_en.properties'    files     3. in 'timesheetAdminInclude.xsl'         -- Change label value of 'user_lov1' as                              4. in 'timeadmin_view_en.properties' , add Project status as     Baseline=Baseline  Project+Status=Project Status  User+Value+1=User Value 1        And finally -- As Dave says, Try varying these(in a   DEVELOPMENT   instance) to see if you get any results (I recommend stopping and restarting your   APP service between making the change to ensure any changes are picked up).    Regards, Deepak     Message Edited by Deepak on 12-29-2009 05:17 PM [left] Message Edited by Deepak on 12-29-2009 05:18 PM [left] Message Edited by Deepak on 12-29-2009 05:30 PM [left] Message Edited by Deepak on 12-29-2009 05:33 PM [left] Message Edited by Deepak on 12-29-2009 05:40 PM [left]

• 5.  RE: Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Aug 08, 2012 04:55 AM
    1. You want to change 'User Value 1' to 'Project Status' 2. You need to do changes in 'timesheetAdminInclude.xsl' & 'timeadmin_view_en.properties'    files
    HI Deepak/Dave,

I Have Similar Requirement,Slightly Different one.I want to Show an Error Message if the User Value 1 or User Value 2 is NULL.I Tried with Trigger on prtimeentry Table ,But couldnt succeed.Even i have included my custom error message in message.en properties file and restarted the service,But no luck.It always Fires an Global Error Message "System Error:Contact Administrator"..My Question is ,Can i add my Custom Error message in timesheetAdminInclude.xsl File To Get my Desired output

Please Reply soon!!!

Thanks

Best Regards,
    Ramakrishna Gajam

• 6.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 29, 2009 10:56 AM
    Many Many Thanks!  This works like a charm in our Dev environment.   I will continue to test to insure that nothing is broken downstream.

• 7.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 31, 2009 03:13 AM
    OK, for completeness I suggest that a simplified version of Deepak's solution is the answer;  Specifically, all you need to change is the following line in the " timeadmin_view_en.properties" file;   User+Value+1=User Value 1   and just change it to   User+Value+1=My New Column Heading   (This is a bit simpler than Deepak's version, only because his version introduces a new "label value" called "Project Status" in the properties file and then uses that "label value" in the xsl file - the "simplified" version above just redifines the existing "label value")  Dave.

• 8.  RE: Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Apr 16, 2013 09:42 AM

Dave wrote:

OK, for completeness I suggest that a simplified version of Deepak's solution is the answer;  Specifically, all you need to change is the following line in the " timeadmin_view_en.properties" file;   User+Value+1=User Value 1   and just change it to   User+Value+1=My New Column Heading   (This is a bit simpler than Deepak's version, only because his version introduces a new "label value" called "Project Status" in the properties file and then uses that "label value" in the xsl file - the "simplified" version above just redifines the existing "label value")  Dave.
    Hi we are trying to do the same but we are hosted. I requested from hosting the file "timeadmin_view_en.properties" file and I edited user value 1 and user value 2 it to what we wanted the new headers to be however, after the service was restarted the changes did not take effect. There was some question over which directory it should be loaded to. This was what I got back from support but I don't know how to answer the questions:

"Hosting has placed attached timeadmin_view_en.properties file on the sftp site for this environment. They need to know where in the Clarity file structure you would like us to place the file. Once the file is in place we will need to know when you would like us to restart the Clarity services for the DEV environment."

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated we are desperate to have these values changed!

• 9.  RE: Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Apr 16, 2013 09:51 AM
      |   view attached
    I requested from hosting the file "timeadmin_view_en.properties" file and I edited user value 1 and user value 2 it to what we wanted the new headers to be...
    "Hosting has placed attached timeadmin_view_en.properties file on the sftp site for this environment. They need to know where in the Clarity file structure you would like us to place the file. Once the file is in place we will need to know when you would like us to restart the Clarity services for the DEV environment."

That does not sound good. Where from did the file come, if they do not know where to put it back.

I am not sure if you need to restart anything to the result as the file is read when needed on the fly.

Martti K.

• 10.  Re: 12.3 Timesheet -  User Value 1 and 2 heading changes

Posted Dec 31, 2009 04:59 AM
    Thanks Dave and Deepak.       This gives me more insight into the presentation layer of Clarity.   Dave's alternative is simpler for the problem that I had to solve; however, knowing that the xsl is where items can be manipulated as well!  Once again, many thanks!  Vic