Clarity

• 1.  Copying tasks from one project to the other

Posted Dec 31, 2009 04:45 AM
    What is the most efficient way to selectively copy OR moving tasks from one project to the other? Any suggestions. Message Edited by ak47 on 12-31-2009 09:45 AM [left]

• 2.  Re: Copying tasks from one project to the other

Posted Dec 31, 2009 07:16 AM
    If you go to the Task list view you can copy from template.
    The next screen allows to select templates or non templates or both.
    By default the hierarchy is collapsed and you have to open each summary task separately to get into the individual tasks.

An alternative is to open the source and target projects in OWB and copy the tasks there.

In both cases you can have the whole WBS displayed at the same time and multiselect, but in OWB it is easier to expand and OWB allows dragging of task befoe and after copying.

Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Copying tasks from one project to the other

Posted Jan 03, 2010 02:37 PM
    Thanks Martti. Will give OWB a try.

• 4.  Re: Copying tasks from one project to the other

Posted Jan 03, 2010 05:16 PM
    Please note you cannot move most actuals across projects by copying tasks (i.e. actuals entered by timesheet or transaction entry).  Also note that if using OWB to copy tasks it will copy resources (assignments) too, so the team membership of the 'target project' should be assessed before doing this (or you should have permission to add staff to team).  

• 5.  Re: Copying tasks from one project to the other

Posted Jan 04, 2010 12:45 AM
    Yes, you are expected to copy only parts of the Work breakdown structure and not parts of your on going project.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that when coypying tasks in Clarity you get the assigned resources as well and adds them to the project team subject to the rights you have.While in OWB you have the choice of what to copy task cells or tasks with all data (selecting tasks by clicking the row selector) and pasting all selected or paste special.     Martti K.