AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migrating Transactions from Clarity 8.1 to Clarity 12

Question asked by KartheepanR on Jan 7, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 by samos2
Hi All,  We would like to begin testing the migration of project related transactions from an 8.1 environment to a Clarity 12 environment.  I am trying to figure out how I can determine the transaction class from the XOG output file. From my review, it doesnt look like the transaction class is listedin the xog output.  I am using the imp_transactions_read.xml file to XOG out of Clarity 8.1 Below is a sample of a transaction from a Project.  Can anyone tell me  how to determine the transaction class or  is it even required  for migrating transactions across different environments/versions?  Also, any tips/recommendations when migrating transactions would be helpful.                           clientID="m_of_fin" clientName="Ministry of Finance"                       inputTypeCode="REG" projectID="00001234"                       projectName="MigratingProject"                       resourceID="mfxxxxx" resourceName="abc, def"                       roleID="IT S-C ACT" taskID="5062945"                       taskName="Requirement Phase" transactionDate="2008-03-28"                       transactionID="5132157" transactionType="L" units="7.25">                                                     actualCostRateCurrency="CAD" amountRemaining="0"                               billRate="75" billRateCurrency="CAD"                               currencyType="BILLING" standardCostRate="75"                               standardCostRateCurrency="CAD" totalAmount="543.75" totalCost="543.75"/>                                                     actualCostRateCurrency="CAD" amountRemaining="0"                               billRate="75" billRateCurrency="CAD" currencyType="HOME"                               standardCostRate="75" standardCostRateCurrency="CAD"                               totalAmount="543.75" totalCost="543.75"/>                                                     actualCostRateCurrency="CAD" amountRemaining="0"                               billRate="75" billRateCurrency="CAD"                               currencyType="NATURAL" standardCostRate="75"                               standardCostRateCurrency="CAD" totalAmount="543.75" totalCost="543.75"/>       Thank You,   Kart.

Outcomes