Clarity

• 1.  Negative Actuals

Posted Jan 08, 2010 03:22 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi, In looking at the Resource Allocations screen, we have come across a few instances of "Negative Actuals".      Why did these show up?    Is there any way to fix these?    Thanks,Lowell

• 2.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Jan 09, 2010 11:25 PM
    I've never seen that. Need more information to locate the time and method how they got in.Do you enter time on timesheets? If you do query the time entries for Jaclyn     for this project betweetn 1/1/08 and 11/30/09 and prassignment.pracsumDo you post to WIP? If you do query the same things in PPA_WIPDo you do transaction entry wiht XOG and run import finanical transaction?See if you have daily actuals sliced for that time frame and query them to locate any negative values.  Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Jan 13, 2010 07:36 AM
    I've seen a bug about zero-ed out adjustments to adjusted timesheets not posting correctly... and one of the symptoms of this was that you could end up with negative hours.   This was bug CLRT-23415 (fixed in 8.1.3 & 12.0.1).  ?

• 4.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 08:50 AM

Hi Dave, Lowell,

Have you been successful with dealing regarding this issue? I've just found the same in our Clarity - we are on 13.3.0.286 version without patches.

I've decided to not create the new post if this still exists there and is pretty the same like mine issue.

Examples:

DB_query.JPG

Clarity_view.JPG

As you can see there are some cases in Clarity. First is all cases from DB, second one example directly in Clarity.

I was trying to reproduce this issue in our DEV Clarity system but without success. I assume it is happening when adjusting TS.

All these resources have adjusted TS. Many thanks for your responses...

Matej

• 5.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 09:35 AM

Can you check the ppa_wip table to check the source ?

NJ

• 6.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 09:50 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

Yes of course there are also minus values (example for "rudolf")

ppa_wip_minus_values.JPG

• 7.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 10:06 AM

What does the source module column say for those records ?

The column SOURCEMODULE tells you the source of the transaction -

50 = XOG

51 = Timesheets

52 = Voucher expense

53 = voucher other

NJ

• 8.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 10:08 AM

All are 51 -> so TS as expected.... Thanks

Matej

• 9.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Can you verify that all of your non-adjusted timesheets have posted correctly? I suppose a quick and dirty way would be to compare the sum of PRTIMEENTRY.PRACTSUM to their respective PRASSIGNMENT.PRACTSUM for posted timesheets.

• 10.  Re: Negative Actuals

Posted Mar 30, 2015 08:14 AM

Hi Andrew,

It needs to be said that non-adjusted TS which were posted were posted correctly and contain 0 hrs (because of adjustment to 0 hrs).

0_hrs_TS.JPG

Sum of all hours tracked to "issued" tasks is 0 hrs in ppa_wip table for all days.

PPA_WIP_sum.JPG