Clarity

• 1.  Multi-Select params in Jobs

Posted Jan 12, 2010 05:52 AM
    Hello,  We have a requirement where a Clarity job should accept multi values and pass to a stored proc.I do not see that option but wondering if any of you have done similar things.  Appreciate your input.  Thank You,Rajani.

• 2.  Re: Multi-Select params in Jobs

Posted Jan 12, 2010 11:55 AM
    The next best thing to multiselect with undefined number of items is multiselect with predefined number of items.  Say your guess is that most of the time the multiselect is 5 or less then create five parameters for the same data.None of the OOTB jobs will take that, but you can recreate the job definition and depending on the job "executable" it may be possible to modify it to handle those five parameters.If you can't modify the executable then you would have to recreate the executable.  The option to five parameters is free text field with predefined separators   which theusers mus use obediently otherwise it will not work. In thacase you would have to modify the excutable to break the free text at the separators.  That is until a multi select browse is an option for the paramter types of jobs. (Time for an ERQ?)  Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Multi-Select params in Jobs

Posted Jan 13, 2010 10:25 AM
    Rajini,  As this is an product limitation you can also try to achive in other ways.  Just an idea..  You can create an Static lookup and enter static list.You can create the Lookup values with several combinations of multiple Values. Set the Hidden Key as Lookup_code.  i.e   Lookup value name is Alphatet S1 ,it can be a combination of a,b,c,d,e (For five values) then enter the Lookup code as 1.           Then for 2nd one name it as   Alphatet S2 g,h,i,g,k   the lookup code as 2.  Then in the sql procedure put case conditions that for 1 it should consider (a,b,c,d,e) and for 2 it should consider (g,h,i,j,k) like that.Based on the conditions it would retrieve the values.So when you run the Job and select   Alphatet S1 from the lookup it would fetch the values basedon 5 parameters nearly similar to Multiple selection but 1 one thing in GUI he can't view the values.  that's it.......    For understanding put the lookup details clearly in the Job Description and train them.  cheers,sundar    You need to provide an meaning ful name to the Lookup value so that the person runing the Job should understand.Hopein most company admin  will run the job or some individuals.You can allways educate them.  cheers,sundar          

• 4.  Re: Multi-Select params in Jobs

Posted Nov 04, 2014 12:36 AM

Hi Friends,

This product limitation remains the same even in the latest version v14.1.

Is there any idea available to enable multi-select parameters in jobs which I can vote up?

Regards,

Georgy

• 5.  Re: Multi-Select params in Jobs

Posted Nov 04, 2014 03:01 AM

Thanks Georgy.