Clarity

• 1.  Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 13, 2010 02:11 PM
    Hello All  I have created a simple lookup (Static, not Dynamic), however, i need to put some long values on there.   Sadly, throug Studio, it seems that the maximum value size is only of 36 characters.  Is there any way (without using XOG, i'm noob on that dept) to upload those values to clarity without having that restriction?.   Just to let you know, I have access to the DB so if a query can be given   it would be really helpful.  Thank you all, and have a nice day/night!  RegardsRafa    

• 2.  Re: Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 13, 2010 07:35 PM
    Rafa,  Not sure how you got to 36 Chars, try this:   select max(length(lookup_code)), max(length(name)), max(length(description))from cmn_lookups_v lookup_code is limited to 30 charsname is longerdescription is longer again  Do NOT try to create lookups using SQL, use the UI or XOG, there is more to lookups than it seems. If lookup functionality is affected by doing something "illegal" then you may get into hassles you just don't want.  

• 3.  Re: Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 13, 2010 08:54 PM
    Which version is that?in r8.1 SP5  The lookup name and ID can 128 chracters and a static value can be 80 chracters.  Martti K.

• 4.  Re: Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 13, 2010 09:47 PM
    Clarity 12x (Oracle)   select max(length(lookup_type)), max(length(lookup_code)), max(length(name)), max(length(description))from cmn_lookups_v SELECT
    column_name "Name",
    nullable "Null?",
    concat(concat(concat(data_type,'('),data_length),')') "Type"
    FROM user_tab_columns
    WHERE table_name='CMN_LOOKUPS'

Name Null? Type
    ------------------ -------- -------------
    ID N NUMBER(22)
    LOOKUP_TYPE N VARCHAR2(255)
    LOOKUP_CODE N VARCHAR2(30)
    PARENT_LOOKUP_CODE Y VARCHAR2(30)
    LOOKUP_LEVEL Y NUMBER(22)
    LOOKUP_ENUM Y NUMBER(22)
    SORT_ORDER Y NUMBER(22)
    IS_SYSTEM N NUMBER(22)
    IS_ACTIVE N NUMBER(22)
    IS_ADMIN_VISIBLE N NUMBER(22)

• 5.  Re: Lookup Value sizes
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2010 01:12 AM
    In r8.1. SP5 (MS SQL)  The length of the code field in the db definitely is 30, but the lookup id can be longer       No problem with the name (LOOKUP-TYPE) because the length is 255  No problem with the lookup values either. The field length for the value is 2100     ... but if you can't enter long enough values in the GUI and don't wan't use XOG then the next option is to use shorter name and avoid direct db inserts.  Martti K.

• 6.  Re: Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 14, 2010 02:28 AM
    Hello EveryoneJustr for clarification, I'm on 7.5.3 fp5 (going to 12 soon) ans SQL Server.   Thanks for your support on this. Maybe I will have to learn XOG then!,  Kind Regards  

• 7.  Re: Lookup Value sizes

Posted Jan 16, 2010 01:17 PM
    Some more data when entered from the GUI  7.5.3.3546 FP05 024 and v12 SP 5
    =============================

Lookup name
    Input box 23
    Lookup Name lenght 128

Lookup ID
    Input box 23
    Lookup Name lenght 128

Lookup value

Value name