Clarity

• 1.  Audit trail on timesheet

Posted Jan 28, 2010 01:27 AM
    Hi,  does anyone know if it is possible to activate the audit trails to get timesheet information.  Best regardsItaï

• 2.  Re: Audit trail on timesheet

Posted Jan 28, 2010 01:53 AM
    As far as I understand it Timesheet is not an OOTB object so you cannot put audit trail on it.The options then are to use created by and last updataded/modified fields.  Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Audit trail on timesheet

Posted Jan 28, 2010 02:02 AM
    Hi,  Timesheet is not an object until now (12 sp 5) so i think there is no OOB way to achive audit trial.  If you want you can achive then via database you can and again it is un-supported and customized one needs to be handledby us inupgrades and fixpacks.And also since this timesheet tables (prtimentry,prtimesheet)are master tables you should carefully analyze whether the trigger is impacting the performanceand any other triggers are firing. Take DBA's help.  You need to create an trigger on the timesheet table (prtimentry,prtimesheet) and then insert the data in to temp table.Below is an sample one.This one is created by me for capturing projects financially closing time.As iam in 7.5.2 as there is no audit trail.    CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "NIKU".PAC_MNT_PROJECTS_T5
    AFTER UPDATE ON PAC_MNT_PROJECTS FOR EACH ROW
    WHEN (
    (new.status old.status) and (upper(new.status) = 'C')
              )
    BEGIN

INSERT INTO PAC_MNT_PROJECTS_CLOSED_TIME (PROJECTID,PROJECTCODE,STATUS,RESOURCE_CODE,APPROVEDBY_RESOURCE_CODE,AWAITAPPRVL_RESOURCE_CODE)
    VALUES(:NEW.ID,:NEW.PROJECT_CODE,:NEW.STATUS,:NEW.RESOURCE_CODE,:NEW.APPROVEDBY_RESOURCE_CODE,:NEW.AWAITAPPRVL_RESOURCE_CODE);

EXCEPTION
          WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL;
    END PAC_MNT_PROJECTS_T5;
    /  cheers,sundar

• 4.  Re: Audit trail on timesheet

Posted Jan 28, 2010 02:04 AM
    oops,it seems martti is replied the same time as me.No pbm but as we said there is OOB way for audit trial in timesheets.    cheers.sundar

• 5.  Re: Audit trail on timesheet

Posted Jan 28, 2010 03:27 AM
    Thanks very much...