Clarity

• 1.  Filter Content Mappings for page filter

Posted Feb 09, 2010 07:34 PM
    I am trying to pass through the selection of the (idea) manager in a page filter on a portlet page to all portlets on said page. The filter is built upon the manager field on inv_investments and in the filter mappings page the Manager attribute shows up as Lookup - Number data type. No matter what I do, I cannot get any value populated in the Mapping field drop down for my grid portlet. Therefore I cannot establish the mapping. I rebuilt the grid portlet after making a number of changes to the underlying query. Still no field to select for mapping. My query and portlet both return the user_id of the manager as well as the full_name field. When I build a portlet based on the idea object (no custom query) the mapping works flawlessly. What I am doing wrong? Anything I need to do in the query to make the field show up in the dropdown for mapping? I've looked everywhere for a solution.

• 2.  Re: Filter Content Mappings for page filter

Posted Feb 10, 2010 06:41 AM
    Hi All,  Any suggestions for Jake?   If not you may want to also quickly check with Support and/or Services to see if they have any suggestions.   Thanks,Chris

• 3.  Re: Filter Content Mappings for page filter
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2010 12:08 PM
    I failed to modify the values in the attributes section of the query used for the grid portlet. Turns out this is a crucial stop for queries linked via filters. You have to click on the field that you are filtering on (in my case the user_id) and CHANGE the Extended Data Type to Lookup - Numeric in order to be able to map to a field of the same type in your filter portlet.  I am still learning the hard way, so used to coding things by hand and this 'point and click' approach is not easy. Also having a heck of a time with having to recreate portlets over and over because I need to make changes to the query. Even adding fields is not possible if those fields need to be filtered on in the portlet. Makes for very slow development.