Clarity

• 1.  How do you export the list of invalid transactions?

Posted Feb 16, 2010 06:24 AM
    Working with the invalid transactions within Clarity is not very efficient. Is there are portlet that allows the list of tranasactions to be exported or is there a query that allows for an extract from the db?

• 2.  Re: How do you export the list of invalid transactions?

Posted Feb 16, 2010 07:13 AM
    hi,  Pls use this query.    -- Query to Check all these transcations with Error condition.SELECT
                I.TRANSDATE "Transaction Date", I.PROJECT_CODE "Project Code", P.NAME "Project Name", C.PREXTERNALID "Project Chargecode"
                , I.RESOURCE_CODE "Resource ID", R.FIRST_NAME || ' ' || R.LAST_NAME "Resource Name"
                , I.QUANTITY "Effort Hours", I.CHARGE_CODE "Charge code", I.INPUT_TYPE "Type code"
                , DECODE((SELECT PRSTATUS FROM PRTIMESHEET WHERE PRID = I.EXTERNALBATCHID),4,'Posted',5,'Adjusted') "Timesheet Status", E.DESCRIPTION "Error"
    FROM
                IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT I, SRM_PROJECTS P, SRM_RESOURCES R,
                IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORTERRORS E, PRJ_PROJECTS PP, PRCHARGECODE C
                , SRM_RESources M
    WHERE
                I.PROJECT_CODE = P.UNIQUE_NAME AND I.RESOURCE_CODE = R.UNIQUE_NAME
                AND I.ERRORCODE = E.ERRORCODE
                AND P.ID=PP.PRID AND PP.PRCHARGECODEID=C.PRID(+)
        AND I.TRANSDATE >= :MONTH_START_DATE AND I.TRANSDATE

• 3.  Re: How do you export the list of invalid transactions?

Posted Feb 16, 2010 07:55 AM
    Thanks Sundar. I tried using the query but I am receiving an ORA error. I entered the query via Business Objects Crystal XI. I was able to read the db directly and pull the tables referenced in the query, but I am only seeing 28 records vs the 150  on the invalid transaction screen in Clarity. Am I missing a step?

• 4.  Re: How do you export the list of invalid transactions?

Posted Feb 16, 2010 09:41 AM
    Hi there,Try doing a simple query of pulling records from imp_transactionimport without any condition.  Sundar's query works for transactions created from timesheets, it wouldn't show all Voucher or XOG transactions such as ones created from 'Voucher Expense'. It limits transaction type to 'L' meaning Labor, and joins with timesheet tables.  I wouldn't limit the error code to 'E', since in some cases the errorcode could be 'N' (new) yet the transactions are rejected; another error code I have seen before was 'V', rare but it happened and I haven't foudn out what exactly it means other than it could be a catch-all type of error code.  Another scenario  would be -- entries make their way to the imp_transactionimport table as new transactions- someone changes  the  ID field of a charge code- the Post Transactions to Financial job is run- transactions  with the old charge code IDs are rejected  The query wouldn't reutrn these entries because the  join with  prchargecode table can't be met.  

• 5.  Re: How do you export the list of invalid transactions?

Posted Feb 17, 2010 05:10 AM
    Hi,     That query is developed by me for our internal requirement.As connie rightly pointed out you can modify to suit your needs.     IMPORTSTATUS   - H-Hold,N-new,E-Error and also  faced V status  while  doing the Expense upload where we insert the voucher / vendor details in to    PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER .i searched and found that  the condition V  is explained in the db procedure  IMP_PROCESSTRANSIMPORTTABLE).     PAC_IMP_TRANSIMPORT_HEADER
    This table is a header record for transactions in IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT table. It stores information that is common
    for a set of transactions. Note that all transactions do not have a header record.    IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORTERRORS -- It stores all the error codes and descriptions for transactions.       If you want to know on what  logic behind  the Error capturing  and then inserted in to Transactions then you can check this database procedure IMP_PROCESSTRANSIMPORTTABLE.  There it explains for Error Status = 'V',just have a look.   But don't try to modify it.          cheers,  sundar