Clarity

• 1.  Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 02:37 PM
    Hi everyone,  Im hoping someone can help... We have set up a portlet page with 7 tabs which all our users can access for reporting.   Yesterday one of the TL's was looking for something a little more specific so i jumped into his profile to configure his view (via actions / configure).   I updated one tab which is based on an NSQL query (which i have attached) to save the filter to be his teams OBS specifically as a default & saved & exited.   As the configuration view closed back to the portlet i got an error 500.   The error 500 only relates to that portlet for that user.   Any ideas how i might be able to restore his previous settings?   Ive attached the data from the app-niku-log as well in the hope it might help to diagnose the issue... its saying 'portlet service request failed for portlet: ActualsForTeam'.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Isabelle

Attachment(s)

txt
    actualsforteam.txt   5 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 04:48 PM
    Have you tried to publish your portlet again from studio, it will set portlet to its original state(remove all saved filters  & configuration)  for all users but could resolve this problem.

• 3.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 05:51 PM
    No i was hoping not to do that as it will affect 1000+ users.

• 4.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 07:39 PM
    having had only a brief llok at your nsql query, i'd suggest that you move the  @FILTER@ and also the  @HAVING_FILTER@  items, to the OUTSIDE of your table named 'a', to a WHERE clause outside the table labelled 'a', and not within your inner sql wrap query...

• 5.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 08:02 PM
    Thanks Samos.   I've not had an issue with the query before so im not keen to change it given its only the 1 user with an issue.

• 6.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 08:32 PM
    that's ok - just that i had the same issue here, where end users added their own columns to the portlets that were set up the same way as yours - eventually i figured out that it was the placement of those @ filters that was making things break, exactly with that 500 internal server error.  I suggest you might have a look through 'Dave' s and 'maxad's suggestions on the sql wrap approach, on these forums. They are experienced fellows.  In any case, if you still have that users browser logged in, you should be able to select one of their 'old' pages that they were looking at, get to the configure, General Properties, Restore Defaults, Save, List Layout, Submit, to get back to the last -published state of the portlet, without pushing it out from studio.    ie. this is a 'pull' of theportlet's default settings by the one user, instead of a 'push' via studio.

• 7.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 08:43 PM
    Oh ok, I see what your saying.   Sorry i misunderstood your last message.   I’m not very good at the technical stuff, we had that query constructed for us, so I will definitely read up on the SQL wrap approach & have a go at fixing it...   Wish me luck!   Cheers Isabelle

• 8.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 22, 2010 11:15 PM
    Another way is to drop the portlet from the tab and to put it back and reconfigure. That also resets the filter, but again it will do it for all the users.  Martti K.

• 9.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2010 12:10 AM
    To unconfigure a "broken" portlet try this;  Log on as a different user (one who the portlet is OK for), go to the portlet that is broken for the other user and select "Configure".   Then grab that URL from the browser.  Now log on as your "broken" user, and paste the URL into the browser.   You should then be in the "Configure" screen.   Go to General and select "Restore Defaults".  Dave.  

• 10.  Re: Portlet Configure OBS - Error 500

Posted Feb 23, 2010 12:58 PM
    Dave that is genius!   Thank you it worked a treat.   All is now perfect again for this user.   Now to fix the portlet so we wont have this issue again… :)