Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity Testing

Posted Mar 02, 2010 02:11 AM
    Hi All,         I have couple of questions:-       1) What type of testing can be relevant to Clarity in General (like testing portlets, lookups, custom scripts, custom reports and other customizations) in Clarity after the upgrade process (lets say from 7.5.3   to r 12)        2) Is it possible to create automated scripts for testing various customization in Clarity and OOTB functionalities?       3) Has any one come with an approach of Unit Testing Methodology specific to Clarity?       Any suggestions and inputs are highly appreciated.  Best Regards,Dhruv  

• 2.  Re: CA Clarity Testing

Posted Mar 02, 2010 08:27 AM
    Hi,  It would be a  Long List.I would tell some.Hope you need to plan and prepare a detailed document with test cases and expected results.There is no common scripts  for testing custom ones as It is specific to your environment so you are the right & best to test it.   The most important  change and key one  is the  Data Model change (V 8.0)  .If you are using Financials then  you have lot to test. Customization --> You need to test your custom  nsql,nsql based Lookups,Custom process which  uses Gel Script,Custom Reports,Extracts and Jobs (based on DB) and any other Custom process Like Integrations,etc. Some of the tables are changed as an view (srm_projects) it will still work,but the performance will not be the same,you need to test that too.If you have written triggers on these tables then shoud also consider that. You have build the custom ones,so you can write  scripts (Reports)  to validate.. If you are also upgrading the DB (i.e oracle 9i -10g) then you need the test the performance of the sql's as the Execution plan will be different and the response time would be different. If you have build any custom DB objects (Views,Triggers,Procedures,Functions) you need to modify and Test that too. As far i know OOTB functionalities will be automatically be migrated and work.The only thing  in new version to note is  there will be  few functional changes.(Financial Planning,Requisition) Go by each Modules and  test.Do  all the regular activities you do and check whether you are able to do the same(Resource,Project,task creation,Updation,Schdeule via MSP,Timesheets,run the Jobs,reports,XOG etc). Access Rights-->There is some differences in access rights so you need to map and provide and then check that.If you are providing access rights via OBS or groups then login as the respective PM or RM user and test the screens, If you have any performance issues currently then you can also encage testing team for testing the application performance.(Using Load Runner or winrunner).     Cheers,Sundar

• 3.  Re: CA Clarity Testing

Posted Mar 02, 2010 08:57 AM
    1. How about testing your processes and every single of your use cases and scpefically your own customizations?2. My understanding is that with various testing tools you can create testing sciptsThere is some documentation about performance load testing with scripts on Support site documentation.The tests should reflect the actual situation eg do not make one use submit 500 timesheets at the same time, uses more than one ID (500 if you can)  Martti K.