AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dates from project templates

Question asked by dtietze on Mar 4, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 by dtietze
Hi.  I'm having an issue with project start and finish dates from templates and just wanted to get external validation and input before needlessly opening a case with CA.  We're implementing a customer project on 12.0.5 (Clarity 12, SP5).I seem to recall in previous versions project templates working as follows: Create a template, with start date X and end date Y. Create a project via "New from template". Start and finish dates X and Y will be copied over to the template correctly.In 12.0.5, both start and finish dates for the newly created project default to TODAY in the create screen -- regardless of what has been set in the template. No default values has been set for Start and Finish in the Studio.  Is anyone aware of this behaviour and maybe of the reason for this? IS this actually a change, i.e. is my memory of past behaviour correct, or has it always been this way? If it has been changed, can anyone point me at the rationale for this, and maybe -- even better -- a way to get the old behaviour back?Or is this a bug and would it be worthwhile to open an issue for it?  Thanks,Daniel

Outcomes