Clarity

• 1.  Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Mar 23, 2010 02:07 PM
    How does the previous value in Processes Start Condition work?   What's the algorithm behind it?  Thanks  -R

• 2.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Mar 23, 2010 10:52 PM
    You need to enable Audit Trail for attribute you want to use for start codnition.

• 3.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Apr 15, 2010 10:08 AM
      |   view attached
    I'm trying to create a process that kicks off when allocations are updated within Clarity. Project managers would like to be notified anytime the allocations are changed. What I'm finding is that I cannot select Allocation previous value even with the Audit enabled for this field within the team object.  Any ideas what might be wrong or any other ways to send out a notice when allocations are updated?

• 4.  RE: Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Apr 23, 2012 07:47 AM
    Was there ever a solution found for this?

• 5.  RE: Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 01:45 PM
    I'm using a similar start condition on a process we run. I think you're trying to do the logic backwards.

( Project Promise Date [Previous Value] != Project Promise Date )

....is my start condition. So its saying if the previous value is not the same as the current value, start the process.

• 6.  RE: Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Apr 25, 2012 03:03 PM
    Looks like this a limitation. The previous value logic in Clarity process is not working for any subobject of master object. I also tried the same and it is not showing any value in Previous Attribute list.

Matthew@ It works in both way backward as well as forward.

Regards,
    Shalinee

• 7.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Sep 21, 2016 03:48 PM

Is this considered to be a limitation for the application or is it a bug? I tried doing the same thing doesn't seem to be working still.

Is there a work around for this? Chris_Hackett

• 8.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 01:38 PM

Hi Sagar,

We have some bug on this part, it would be better to open a case and we can validate.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 9.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Posted Sep 26, 2016 05:16 PM

Thanks Will do.

• 10.  Re: Previous Value in Processes Start Condition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 04:32 PM

Start Condition can use the 'previous attribute' functionality only on the object that is set as primary object. This primary object can be a master object or it can be a sub object. Suggested to customer to choose Task object as a primary object and link it to Project object.