Clarity

• 1.  Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 01, 2010 10:49 AM
    What is the right to give someone view only to a resource's financial properties.   There is a global right called "Resource - View Financial All" that I removed from a group.   This users in that group can no longer see the link "Financial" on a resource's property page.   But they would like to view the financial page.  Unfortunately, that right is actually view and edit.    Users would like to view but I can't see this right.     Any help would be appreciated.     thanks  Chris  

• 2.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 02, 2010 09:44 AM
    Hi,  You need to provide the below rights for viewing purpose.  Resource - Navigate
    Resource - View Financial - All   (You can't edit,only for view purpose)  The resource can edit resource properties only if they haveResource - Edit - All Rights.  cheers,sundar        

• 3.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 02, 2010 05:50 PM
    We are on R12 SP04 and I see the same issue. Seems to be a bug.    

• 4.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 05, 2010 12:21 AM
    Hi,  i have tested in v12 sp5.It's working fine.  cheers,sundar

• 5.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 06, 2010 05:22 AM
    I have v12 sp5 and it doesn't work.     I have a security group that will have resource edit access to their staff based on OBS.   This works fine.    But then I want the group to only have Resource - View access only for all other resources  including the Financial link.   The Resource - View Financial All seems to be the only right that gives the Financial link.   Unfortunately, it always allows the edit.  

• 6.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 06, 2010 06:00 AM
    We are on r12 sp0 atm and it is definately not working.   The view right also grants edit rights for the resource financials.   We are planning to upgrade to sp5 soon and would like to know if they was a documented enhancement with any of the service packs and if it will resolve our issue by upgrading.   As the view financial rights keeps allowing the user to edit the financials, is there another way to gaining view only access to it?

• 7.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 06, 2010 06:43 AM
    I will wait and see if anyone has any other recommendations.   If I don't get any I will open up a CA support ticket for this issue.

• 8.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 06, 2010 10:22 AM
    Hi,  i think what you want is the users should edit the Resource General Information but should not edit their Financial properties.Then i have no answer.  If you provide the "Resource - Edit All"   access rights it allow the user to edit any resource info.  when you provide only the  Resource - Navigate and
    Resource - View Financial - All   rights.It will allow the users only to view the financials ,no edit.(Pls find enclosed the snapshots).           cheers,sundar  

• 9.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 06, 2010 10:36 AM
    I can't see any snapshots.   Could you  email them to me.  

• 10.  Re: Security right for resource financial properties view only

Posted Apr 07, 2010 12:59 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,  Pls find the enclosed the snapshots.  cheers,sundar

Attachment(s)

zip
    Resource Financials.zip   36 KB 1 version