Clarity

• 1.  How do I change/configure the Stage of my project?

Posted Apr 23, 2010 07:03 AM
      |   view attached
    How do I change (configure) the stage on my project?  I'm so close...i have never done it.  I want to add a new one called AIM. I want it to be a static list where people can only choose from what is on the list.  + AIM   Preimplementation   Implementation   Execution   Transition  Screen shots attached.

Attachment(s)

doc
    stage.doc   338 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: How do I change/configure the Stage of my project?

Posted Apr 23, 2010 10:24 AM
     Its a sneaky trick!  Its not the lookup you have in the attached document; its part of another lookup.   I'm not near an application right now so I can't recall the name off hand, but its one of the few DEPENDANT LISTS lookups, and the trick is that its in the lower levels (the sub-lookups) of that lookup.  So open up the admin tool, go to lookups, search for dependant-list lookups and its the one with the "Investment" name - open that lookup and you'll find it contains some other lookups!   The "Investment Stage" is one of those!  (If you don't follow what I mean, I'll post the explicit names after the weekend...)

• 3.  Re: How do I change/configure the Stage of my project?

Posted Apr 26, 2010 12:06 AM
    (Ok double-post but...)  You need to open the "Investment Type" (INV_TYPE) lookup (this is the "Static Dependent List" type I was referring to), then go to it's "Values" and open the "Project Investment" (INV_PROJECT_TYPE) "sub-lookup".  Now you can de-activate the existing "Stages" and Create your own etc.