Clarity

• 1.  Does anyone know how overtime rates are calculated?

Posted May 06, 2010 09:41 AM
    Hello All!  I searched Google, and this forum unsuccessfully at finding anything on how overtime rates are used in Clarity. I would love to see anything from CA on this, but even the help search returns zero results. Seems odd, but here are my main questions. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!  1. If our rate matrix has our resources at $50 per hour on the standard rate, then zero dollars for the overtime rate, how does Clarity treat that if a resource works 50 hours in a week? Does it use the $50 per hour for the extra 10 hours, or zero?  2. Is overtime calculated weekly >40 hours or daily >8 hours?  Again, thanks for any words of wisdom, much appreciated!  Paul Schaefer    

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know how overtime rates are calculated?

Posted May 07, 2010 03:19 AM
    Hi Paul  1 - (Assuming you are using financial management) It depends how you have set up your business rules in the rate matrix, and then how the user books the hours.    For example we use the Charge Code field in the timesheet for users to split tasks and book the additional hours to overtime and the ordinary hours against   a "normal time" charge code.   We then have a rule in our matrix that applies a rate to the resultant transactions depending on what charge code the user has booked against.   You could of course use other fields such as Input Type Code.  2 - Clarity just uses what ever hourly rate your matrix rule(s) determines should be applied to the transactions created above.