DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Granting permissions via an Active Directory Group?

Posted Oct 23, 2009 10:02 AM
    I have configured Wily to authenticate against Active Directory so users can login via their NT ID.   What I would like to do is to have use a Group within active directory to grant permissions in specific domains.  What information do I need to put in the domains.xml file in order to accomplish this?  As I mentioned above I am able to do this with individual users.  Bill Koch

• 2.  Re: Granting permissions via an Active Directory Group?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2009 03:55 AM
    Hello Bill,I believe  this is supported in Introscope 8.x versions. You need to configure these properties in realms.xml:  
          cn

(&(objectClass=organizationalUnit)(cn={0}))

(&(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniqueMember={0}))     Then you assign permissions for your LDAP groups.  
    For example, if the user belongs to an LDAP group called "Group 1", then the domains.xml should have an entry like:   For more details, please refer to the  Introscope8.1.0.0ConfigAdminGuide.pdf, page 213.  I hope this helps,  Regards,  Sergio      

• 3.  Re: Granting permissions via an Active Directory Group?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2009 11:58 PM
    Hello Bill,Please let me know if the information provided has been useful,  Regards,Sergio

• 4.  Re: Granting permissions via an Active Directory Group?

Posted Apr 16, 2010 05:29 AM
    Bill,  Were you able to get Sergio's suggestion working?   If so, could you post the full contents of your realms.xml file?  Thanks, Tommy