DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Typeviewer directories

Posted Dec 21, 2009 07:38 AM
    I have noticed that under the   /ext directory are ddtv and xmltv directories.     What are the differences for these type viewer directories?   I see that some power packs are installed into different locations.   Are there any good docs on building your own typeviewers?

• 2.  Re: Typeviewer directories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2009 07:57 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Walter,  Inside the workstation, the tabs are called TypeViews, these are  created using Introscope Workstation Extension and  osgi java extension points.This information is not included in any of the Introcope documents but covered in the Advanced Introscope course.For more information please contact CA Wily Education regarding the Advanced Introscope course or involve Introscope PS consultants.  Please find attached some old documentation on developing XML TypeViews.I hope this helps,  Regards,  Sergio

Attachment(s)

zip
    typeview.zip   278 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Typeviewer directories

Posted Dec 21, 2009 08:21 AM
    I looked at the PDF doc and it says to put the files in the ddtv directory.     When would the use of the xmltv directory be appropraite? Message Edited by walter_kacynski on 12-22-2009 07:10 AM [left]

• 4.  Re: Typeviewer directories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2009 01:46 AM
    Hi Walter,  ddtv is used to what we used in v7 and xmltv is new v8 approach.
    For example, on upgrading 7.X to 8.0 any existing xml typeviews should be moved from the ext/ddtv folder to the ext/xmltv folder.  Regards,  Sergio

• 5.  Re: Typeviewer directories

Posted Dec 22, 2009 02:10 AM
    Why then, do some power packs still use the ddtv directory?   Namly, PPzos, PPMQ, CEM, PPWAS, and PPWASz

• 6.  Re: Typeviewer directories
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2009 04:05 AM
    Hi Walter,I’ve asked around in development and apparently ddtv will be removed.However, in the current version, for reasons of backward compatibility both ddtv and xmltv folders are being accepted for now.Regarding the PP quesiton, it could be that powerpacks are using old code (ddtv)   - not been repackaged yet.  I hope this answer your question,  Regards,Sergio