DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Posted Apr 06, 2010 05:33 PM
    Hi all,  Searching the Knowledge Base, I was only able to find Oracle AS specific configuration steps.   However per the EBS admins, EBS uses a different configuration file, not opmn.xml. I am unable to confirm this.  Has anyone been successfull in enabling Introscope on EBS?   If you have, I appreciate your help.  Thanks.    

• 2.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2010 11:54 AM
      |   view attached
    HiI have done some research and here is what I found for you. I hope this helps,  1.- I believe Oracle e-business suite has a xml confim file in which you need to configure our agent. I did a quick research and found the following sample:  
    # wrapper.classpath =
    # wrapper.classpath =

-verbose:gc -Xmx512M -Xms128M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseTLAB -Xbootclasspath/p:/du04/DEV4/dev4appl/xxtc/11.5.0/java/wily/Agent.jar:/du04/DEV4/dev4appl/xxtc/11.5.0/java/wily/connectors/AutoProbeConnector.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/du04/DEV4/dev4appl/xxtc/11.5.0/java/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile
    java
    jserv.conf    2- It looks like ebusiness use a PL/SQL to generate the forms:We have  an EPAagent that can pull these metrics and give timing for the internal components - see attachment.  The Metrics collected are:  -Overall Request Time (ms)
    -Procedure Call Time (ms)
    -Session Cleanup Time (ms)
    -Output Size (bytes)
    -Database Procedure Time (ms)
    -Cache Subsystem Time (ms)
    -Oracle Error Code
    -User Request Time (ms)  3.- PS custom pbds to extend metric collection: oafm_client.pbd (get some  visibility about oracle forms) and oracle_ebs.pbd (to instrument key parts of the server architecture).  I hope this helps,  Regards,  Sergio

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Posted Apr 07, 2010 03:56 PM
    Hi Sergio,  I will try this out.   Can you tell me which xml file where you found this Jserv configuration?  Thanks

• 4.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2010 08:27 PM
    Hi,  I am not sure, is there any  jserv.properties in your Jserv Apache application server side? I guess it is   running as service?  Try  adding the wilyagent options to "wrapper.bin.parameters":  wrapper.bin.parameters= -javaagent:d:\ora\wily\Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=d:\ora\wily\IntroscopeAgent.profile
     I hope this helps,  Sergio

• 5.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2010 10:01 AM
    You can also try searching for the word "jservconf" in all files under the Apache JServ appserver home directory.   Also, instead of using windows search use TexPad or similar utilities.  Regards,Sergio

• 6.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Posted Apr 11, 2010 06:13 PM
    Unfortunately I do not have permission to have 'look around' on the server where EBS is being run.   I am still waiting a response from the customer regarding the information you provided earlier.  Thanks

• 7.  Re: Introscope on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1

Posted Apr 14, 2010 04:47 PM
    Just updating you all on how we enabled Introscope on EBS.   The java option was added to the oacore stanza as below.                        

...  Hope this helps.Cheers