Service Operations Insight

• 1.  Create Alarms through REST API

Posted Apr 23, 2014 05:50 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to create alarms through the REST Web Services

From the documentation, I see, that I can get information on existing alarms, but it does not seem possible to trigger alarms

Am I missing something?

Regards

Jan

• 2.  RE: Create Alarms through REST API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2014 10:42 AM

Hello Jan,

No, you are not missing anything. The REST Web Service is not an alert source and cannot be used to create new alerts. It allows you to get, update and delete alerts as documented in the Web Services guide.

Ralf

• 3.  Re: Create Alarms through REST API

Posted Aug 06, 2015 06:03 PM

Has CA been able to address this? I too would like to create alerts using REST API's POST http method. Why provide GET, PUT and DELETE and no POST method?

• 4.  Re: Create Alarms through REST API

Posted Aug 10, 2015 07:49 AM

I hope they wont. I dont think that publishing alerts via SOI REST Webservices is the correct way when you think about the concept of SOI in general.

However there is a connector which provides a REST interface, but i dont think its public yet.  Try open a support ticket and ask for the connector accelerator.

br

Andre

• 5.  Re: Create Alarms through REST API

Posted Aug 10, 2015 03:26 PM

Thank you Andre. Will try to open a support ticket.

• 6.  Re: Create Alarms through REST API

Posted Dec 15, 2015 02:43 PM
      |   view attached

Received the attached connector accelerator from the CA Engineering Team. I guess, we will have to live with it until a better way is established for PAM to create alerts.

Attachment(s)