CA Service Management

• 1.  Currently active sessions

Posted Jun 26, 2014 03:28 PM

pdm_webstat -d lists the same users multiple times eating up a concurrent license. I have consulted TEC554136 which states that this could happen if the same user logs in from different workstations but that does not apply in my case.  I reviewed a posting from 2011 where this was addressed for r12.5, PROB #: 1767 FN: T5N7199 FT: D33 DATE: 26 Sep 2011, that addresses logged out sessions remaining in the list.  This is not my case either.  There was discussion in this same post of enhancement requests... If I have 5 notifications in my email from Incidents assigned to me and I click on them to open each of them I'll log 5 counts against "Currently active sessions".  This happens with or without IIS integrated auth turned on.

Has any progress been made on this either in 12.9 or otherwise?  Anyone have any new ideas?  Who from CA would be the authority to state that 100 users each opening 5 links at the same time would be a licence violation of 400 for a 100 concurrent users licence?  I can't seem to find the idea for this enhancement either...    -fred SDM12.7 CABI 3.2 (SP5)

• 2.  Re: Currently active sessions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 04:45 PM

Which web server type (IIS or Tomcat) is set as your primary access to ServiceDesk?

Do you have SSO enabled?

• 3.  Re: Currently active sessions

Posted Jun 27, 2014 08:07 AM

IIS is primary and I'm not sure if we have "SSO" enabled.  We have to http 401 challenge st up in IIS to pull the workstation credentials... not sure anything was done on the SD side.

• 4.  Re: Currently active sessions
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2014 12:52 AM

Hi Fred,

If the incorrect license count behavior is shown with KPI "webLicenseCt", it has been addressed in R12.7 CUM2, problem number 2566.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 5.  Re: Currently active sessions

Posted Jun 27, 2014 08:40 AM

The moment the webLicenseCt KPI executed (50 Count) I ran pdm_webstat -d that returned 51 count (probably had one more session initialize in-between). 5 users had multiple sessions, one of them accounted for 9 sessions, and one session was an Employee which should not count against concurrent licenses.  So my goal would be to have see the number 37 in a situation like this without too much digging.  Sounds like I'm a candidate for this patch. All the new KPIs in Problem 2566 address my questions and more!   Thanks!  -fred

• 6.  Re: Currently active sessions

Posted May 15, 2015 08:01 PM

For some basic instructions on using the KPI intended to count the total concurrent license usage, please check out How to gather concurrent license usage statistics for CA Service Desk Manager.pdf.

• 7.  Re: Currently active sessions

Posted Jul 12, 2016 04:09 PM

This link results in "unauthorized access".

• 8.  Re: Currently active sessions

Posted Jul 12, 2016 05:28 PM

Hi Mario - Looks like that link is actually to an internal site. I have created a public link here: How to gather concurrent license usage statistics for CA Service Desk Manager