Clarity

• 1.  Office Hours for CA Clarity Thursday, July 10 @ 1 PM ET

Posted Jul 01, 2014 05:52 PM

Have a question about CA Clarity? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for Clarity. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, July 10th @ 1 PM ET.

Some sample topics:
    • Your pain points
    • Product documentation
    • Questions on functionality

Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead. Also, this is not a forum to discuss support of customizations.

Click HERE: https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/j.php?ED=266318062&UID=498671547&RT=MiM0 to register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: Office Hours for CA Clarity Thursday, July 10 @ 1 PM ET

Posted Jul 09, 2014 01:53 PM

Don't forget to join us tomorrow folks!

• 3.  Re: Office Hours for CA Clarity Thursday, July 10 @ 1 PM ET

Posted Jul 28, 2014 05:51 PM

Text from Office Hours Session:

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Is it possible to create a Cost Plan from Estimates through a process which can be triggered automatically?

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Atul : please could you confirm your Clarity version?

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          13.3

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @nike 13.3 version

nei to Everyone:               Hello all! Im using Mobile Time Manager. at NEEDS APPROVAL window 385 timesheets are being displayed, even for time periods closed. Eg. Jan04-10, 2010 time period.

Bill Yee to Everyone:       @nei This MTM issue will be addressed in an upcoming patch release.

nei to Everyone:               thanks bill

Erika Fermaints to Everyone:      Hello all, so is there a demo available for jaspersoft??

John W. George (ca) to Everyone:            @Erika - i suggest you search for jaspersoft on youtube. There you will find many useful videos about it.

Nick McDuffie to Everyone:        Can you walk through the process of team scenarios and using the team plan of record?

Bill Yee to Everyone:       @Nick  are you referring to portfolio scenarios and capacity planning?

Aneesh to Everyone:     Hello, XOG Client 13.3 messes up XOG xml format.

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Aneesh, do you mean the XOG via the command prompt or the web version.

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @nika - no web version in 13.3

Aneesh to Everyone:     @ Nika - Command prompt in 13.3 there is no web version xog client 13.3 onwards..

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Michael : yep, that's why I wanted to confirm.

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Aneesh please explain what exactly is wrong with the format since it might be a defect.

Aneesh to Everyone:     @Nika - XOG xml gets formatted linearly and if there are SQL statements inside GEL scripts in processes then it gets messed up and the process fails

Aneesh to Everyone:     @Nika - this happens during read and write as well

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @Nika-  sqlstatements with parameters and enclosed inside cdata tags.*

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Aneesh @Michael let me see if this has been reported. I believe I have had this issue previously

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Aneesh @Michael : yes this has been already reported as CLRT-73978 NSQL Query Xogs fail in Clarity 13.3 and solved in Dansborg

Aneesh to Everyone:     @Nika - Thanks for the info

John W. George (ca) to Everyone:            FYI everyone - as a reminder, the CA Answer Bar is being decommissioned on July 18th. Our GIS department is setting up redirects to the product pages, and the links to it from the community will also be removed.

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Question on NSQL Portlet security - With this clause @WHERE:SECURITY:PROJECT:i.id@, Other work time is not visible. What rights does the user need to see the other work time?

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Atul this should be possible to create a process starting automatically on another object, such a project i.e. which uses a GEL script xog to create a Cost plan. 

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Nika.. yes, I agree. But that would be a custom gel script. There is already a OOTB job which could do this. But I cannot call this job and pass a project id from a process

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Question on drill down portlets.. it is possible to pass multi-select values to a drill down portlet?

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @atul - do you mean from a filter portlet, or from just a regular portlet.

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @michael - just a regular portlet

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @michael.. we can send single paramerers through URL parameters but we cannot do multi-select. Is there a trick for this.

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @atul - when you say multi-select, to me that means you are using it from a filter.

Aneesh to Everyone:     @Atul - What kind of multi-select values ?

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Atul - this is unfortunately not possible at the moment; you would have to log an enhancement on our Ideas page and use GEL script for the time being.

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Aneesh @Michael.. from a regular portlet, you can select records based on multiple values in the filter. Unfortunately you cannot pass those to the drill down portlet.

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @atul you might have to look at using a paramater and a function do that instead.   I think you mean hierarchy portlet and not drill down.

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @Atul : concerning your NSQL question: if the object id does not work, please go ahead and raise a case with us at Support.

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Nika.. Will do. Thanks

Michael Miller to Everyone:        @nika - is there a list of all the defects that have alraedy been fixed in dansborg?

John W. George (ca) to Everyone:            @Michael Miller - not yet, but that will be published after Dansborg goes GA

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @John.. do you what is the expected release date for 14.1?

Bill Yee to Everyone:       @Atul Dansborg is targeted for late Sept

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Bill. Great. Thanks.

nei to Everyone:               I have a big project´s schedule running (with actuals) and I need to repplaning it.I´d like to know best pratice to start the reattrib resources and new EPT tasks. What is the best approach? using Scheduler or Direct in Clarity?

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @nei : the project planning can be done with both Clarity and Scheduler : there are some differences between doing it in OWB/MSP and Clarity since there are different options to get the Autoschedule tuned for your needs. Normally Scheduler is used by PM for bigger projects and where they would like to have more options. I would advise you to test both on your Test environment with a project and see what suits you best; and maybe even use both depending on your immediate needs.

from nei to Everyone:    @Nika: Thanks

nei to Everyone:               I mean

Martti Kinnunen to Everyone:    I see the biggest difference in doing planning between the schedulers and Clarity to be that  it is much easier to edit the plan in schedulers.  After that you can do your scheduling where you best like it.

nei to Everyone:               @Martti. Thanks.

nei to Everyone:               How to work with multiple type of calendars.

nei to Everyone:               I mean

nei to Everyone:               Resource with open weekend and resource with work day calendar at same project.

Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:            @nei : it is okay to have resources using different type of calendars on the same project, the non-working days will be taken into consideration when scheduling the project. There should be more recommendations in the guides on how exactly you would like to set up your project and loading pattern depending on your needs. Then Clarity (with or without Scheduler) does the calculation of the estimated work and allocation for you.

nei to Everyone:               @Nika: thanks again Nika!

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Not sure if I saw an answer on this one...

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Question on NSQL Portlet security - With this clause @WHERE:SECURITY:PROJECT:i.id@, Other work time is not visible. What rights does the user need to see the other work time?

Aneesh to Everyone:     @Atul - Since multi-values that can be selected are many, I would suggest use a regular portlet instead of drill down. That saves Clarity parsing infinite number of values into the next portlet..

Xue to Everyone:             With Timesheets, when someone clicks on Populate, it should pull up the values used in the last timesheet.  However, some users have reported that items they have deleted from their last timesheet still show up when they click Populate.

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Xue, the populate of timesheet doesn't just look at what was in the last time period, it also goes by whether or not a task is still open, if the resource still has ETC on it. there is a TECDOC explaining how populate works. i'll find it in a minute

Xue to Everyone:             @Connie - fantastic, thanks!

Martti Kinnunen to Everyone:    There are many Tech docs on Timesheet population and also froum posts eg TEC435558 Timesheet Population (What determines tasks appearing on a timesheet)

TEC435598_How does the Auto-populate feature in Timesheets work

TEC435574_What is the algorithm for Clarity timesheet population

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Xue it is TEC435558. https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC435558

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Bill.. Any chance of Clarity 13.3 supporting Oracle 11.0.2.4?

Bill Yee to Everyone:       @Atul for Dansborg we will support Oracle 11.2.0.4.   Still investigation the support for 11.2.0.4 for v13.3

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Bill.. ok. Thanks

Vanessa King to Everyone:          Is there any chance of Clarity moving to Business Objects 4.0 or 4.1 in the near future?

Bill Yee to Everyone:       @Vanessa For Dansborg, we will not be supporting BO 4.1. For Dansborg, we will be supporting CABI 3.3 SP2 which is BOXI r3.1 SP7

Vanessa King to Everyone:          Thanks

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          Cost Type is great addition to functionality. But XOG Script's don't have a way to populate this field in the WIP. Will this be addressed in the next release?

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Atul re: cost type: can you provide a use case for wanting to update the cost type on existing WIP records?

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Atul as you know, WIP adjustment can't be done via XOG

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Connie.. not on existing but new WIP transactions which are being interfaced from SAP or other systems

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Atul are you seeing that when XOG write in transactions, the cost type is not populated into ppa_wip even if the project has a cost type set?

Connie Fu (CA) to Everyone:       @Atul I would suggest looking up the xsd for transaction xog, and if you can't locate the attribute to include in the xog write file; and if the cost type doesn't get brought in based on what the project has set to, open a support case and we will clarify it for you

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Connie.. It defaults to Operating which is probably the project level cost type. But I would like to change that per transaction. That is not possible.

Atul Kunkulol to Everyone:          @Connie.. will do. thanks.

Vanessa King to Everyone:          Is there a way to report the average allocation% or default allocation% per project in CABI?

Kelly Limberg - CA to Everyone: @ vanessa. This will need to be calculated. You can use a generic resource as your FTE such as "admin" and compare that to the allocation hours on the project to get your percentage

nei to Everyone:               @Thanks folks.