• 1.  NSA not getting started after updage Clarity from 12.0.6-> 13.3

Posted Jul 03, 2014 02:10 AM

Hi,

I am getting below error after upgrade clarity from 12.0.6 to clarity 13.3

"# service start nsa

Oracle Corporation      SunOS 5.10      Generic Patch  January 2005

You have new mail.

Unexpected command: deploy

Usage: /apps/d04/nikuapp/clarity/bin/servicebeacon [ console | start | stop | restart | condrestart | status | install | remove | dump ] Commands:   console      Launch in the current console.   start        Start in the background as a daemon process.   stop        Stop if running as a daemon or in another console.   restart      Stop if running and then start.   condrestart  Restart only if already running.   status      Query the current status.   install      Install to start automatically when system boots.   remove      Uninstall.   dump        Request a Java thread dump if running."

Waiting for help.

Best Regards,

Lalatendu

• 2.  Re: NSA not getting started after updage Clarity from 12.0.6-> 13.3

Posted Jul 03, 2014 03:22 AM

Hi Lalatendu,

Did your upgrade get completed without any error? What does the following query give you as its result?

select * from cmn_install_history order by installed_date desc

If all looks good and if you are able to run the new v13 service command from command prompt, you could try manually adding, deploying and starting the NSA using:

service add nsa

service deploy nsa

service start nsa

Regards,

Georgy

• 3.  Re: NSA not getting started after updage Clarity from 12.0.6-> 13.3

Posted Jul 03, 2014 03:44 AM

Dear Georgy,

In the CMN_INSTALL_HISTORY table 13.1 entry is missing. But all the entries of 13.3 is present.

And I have followed all the steps below but still not working.

service add nsa

service deploy nsa

service start nsa

Best Regards,

Lalatendu

• 4.  Re: NSA not getting started after updage Clarity from 12.0.6-> 13.3

Posted Jul 04, 2014 12:20 AM

Hi Lalatendu,

If the 13.1 entries are missing from the install history table, then I guess, your upgrade didnt go well.

You can see the same table below, when we upgraded from 13.0 to 13.3.

Install History Scrnshot.JPG

And on checking the change impact and upgrade guide of v13.3, for your v12.0.6 version, the upgrade has to go through 12.1.1, 13.0, 13.1, 13.2 and 13.3 stages as shown below:

PDF Scrnshot.JPG

I also found the suggestion marked in the red box telling you to upgrade first to a v12.1 version if your current clarity version is one before v12.1, which is true in your case.

Regards,

Georgy