Clarity

• 1.  How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 03, 2014 08:53 AM

Hello Everyone,

Can you please tell me the way to create link to timesheets in a portlet?

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 2.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 03, 2014 09:19 AM

its not OOTB but the RE: Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page technique can do this for you.
    (you will of course need to work out in the NSQL in your portlet what specific URL gets you to your required timesheet)

• 3.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 03, 2014 09:39 AM

Hello Dave,

I have checked this article before but not clear about the actions to do for timesheets. The article shows maily objects resource and project. But, timesheet is not an object. So, how to create that HTML portlet and page for timesheet?

I am able to create a timesheet link in the NSQL as :

'http://nww.test.sparc.nxp.com:3080/niku/app?action=timeadmin.editTimesheet&id=' @+@ @DBUSER@.CMN_TO_CHAR_FCT(ts.prid)

@+@ '&' @+@ 'resid=' @+@ @DBUSER@.CMN_TO_CHAR_FCT(srm.id) @+@ '&' @+@ 'tpid=' @+@ @DBUSER@.CMN_TO_CHAR_FCT(tp.prid)

what could be the further steps after this?

please, suggest.

• 4.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:20 AM

Comments/examples in that thread might relate to specific objects but the technique is object-independant (the attachments in the post by Paul Maxwell on

• 5.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:01 AM

Hello Dave,

By using the technician, I am able to create a link in the custom timesheet portlet which on-click re-directs  to individual timesheets and it is working absolutely fine.

But, still there is one issue that when the timehseets are opened in the same window, there is no option to go back to previous timesheet portlet. Only way (will not be acceptable by the users) is to click twice on the browser back button to again display the portlet.

Do you know, how to save the historys in navigation bar of Clarity or any way to go back smoothly to the original page?

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 6.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Jul 07, 2014 07:32 AM

I have never attempted* to get this to work, but it was once suggested to me that if you included the "return=somewhere" in the URL that you have dynamically constructed, then this might work. You would need to look at the application's URLs to get the "return=" syntax right and then add that into your NSQL code.

(* - so I do not know if this works OK or not, I would be interested in you posting your findings!)

• 7.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Oct 21, 2015 03:21 AM

On V13, There's a custom portlet where we are able to display the timesheet link. However, we need to do the following:

1. Add an image that is will open the timesheet link

2. When the user clicks on that image, they should be directed to the corresponding timesheet.

Anyone achieved this yet ?

• 8.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Oct 21, 2015 04:12 AM

Hi,

you might want to look at

content.copTimesheetRedirect (see timesheet review, timesheet link for the example)

this uses the otb linking

• 9.  Re: How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet, How to create link to individual timesheets in a portlet

Posted Oct 21, 2015 04:22 AM

Thanks, Andy

NJ