DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

• 1.  Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 15, 2014 03:58 AM

I want to document the available Spectrum OneClick privileges and how they are assigned to the standard or customized OneClick roles.

This would help our customers to better understand the differences between the default roles (AdministratorRW, OperatorRO etc.) and custom roles if required.

Has someone ever seen such a list? I din't find anything in the docs and CA support can't provide it.

P.S.

The question is not how to create a role and assign the privileges, the goal is to have a table showing all privileges and the relations to the roles.

This would help to answer the following questions:

1) Which privileges do exist? A customer will need to know if he/she needs to decide if the available roles can be used for a new user group or if some privileges should be removed.

Without a documentation you have to go to the privileges page in OneClick, expand every group and scroll through the long list of privileges. This is not comfortable.

2) If you have a lis of 10 or more roles over the years, it's almost impossible to say what the difference is between role A and B.

If there would exist an EXCEL sheet with all the privileges and a new column for each new role, it would be very to see the differences.

3) If the customer asks you what the exact difference between role OperatorRW and AdministratorRW is (which detailed privileges the admin role has more than the operator role) - would you be able to tell?

Martin

• 2.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 15, 2014 11:49 AM

Martin,

All this information is readily available in Spectrum Oneclick users tab.

Licenses: Administrator , operator , service manager . All have RO/RW depending on the access you give for a user in Oneclick when creating him.

Roles: Administrator ro/rw , Operator ro/rw and service manager ro/rw

Privileges are reduly available in Oneclick users tab for each role and are easily understood. i don't think we have any kind of document listing the same.

Do you have any difficulty in understanding within the Oneclick?

Regards

kalyan

• 3.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 15, 2014 11:59 AM

Martin-In Users tab u can create group and u can give permissions to users also ...By adding privileges.

regards,

issac

• 4.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 16, 2014 04:47 AM

Hi issac, I added the P.S. in my question to make it more clear. Regards, Martin

• 5.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 16, 2014 04:47 AM

Hi Kalyan, I added the P.S. in my question to make it more clear. Regards, Martin

• 6.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 17, 2014 05:47 AM

Martin,

I don't think we have suck kind of list available.

Regards

Kalyan

• 7.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2014 01:43 AM

Hi Martin,

Kalyan is correct, we would not put such security details per our internal guidelines.

Having said that, your local teams or support should be your first point of contact for questions like these.

If the support/local team does not have these answers, they will reach out to the engineering backend and get you as much additional information as possible to help you out.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 8.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 29, 2014 03:29 AM

Hi Kiran,

nice idea of going through support, but guess what: I did that and failed, before I submitted the question to the community here, which was my last hope :-(

So lets forget about it. I will sit down 2 hours and typewrite the priviliges into an EXCEL sheet for my customer.

Martin

• 9.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Jul 29, 2014 09:39 AM

I actually went through an audit a while back so that I could create a script to audit our users on what types of privileges they have.  I'll attach our spreadsheet of privileges (once I figure out how to attach it to the post).  It identifies the priv, which major grouping they are enabled under.

• 10.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2014 09:48 AM

I just uploaded the spreadsheet to the files/documents area.  It is called "Spectrum Privileges".  I hope that helps you.

• 11.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted Aug 05, 2014 12:40 PM

Cool. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks alot,

Martin

• 12.  Re: Can someone provide a list of Spectrum privileges?

Posted May 23, 2019 07:12 AM

Thanks for uploading this. 

Regards,

AK.