Started an idea: Baseline, Shift Program Milestones
Using Clarity Gantt Chart, one can update a task on a child project, and if a task on the child project is linked as predecessor to a milestone on its parent Program, the parent Program's milestone will shift forward or backward in time.
This is great! And expected, as we have programs with child subprojects, where we want the 'global' milestones to be on the program, and affected by the completion rates of child subproject task paths.
- one can't baseline a program milestone
- one can't make the same changes above using MS Project
- ah, yes, one can make the changes in the MS Project views
- one can even save the changes made in the attached subprojects that open in separate MSP windows
- however, the Program is 'read-only' - attempting to save the shifted milestone in the program back to Clarity results in an error
The only workaround that I'm aware of is to convert the Program into a Project.
Interested in two answers:
- anyone with a different workaround besides converting the Program into a Project
- anyone that can confirm that what I'm trying to do, can't be done
Either answer will end my agony. Pretty sure that what I'm trying to do can't be done, but hoping I might be wrong or that someone might know something about a next release that could solve the problem.