CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Jul 16, 2014 06:35 AM

I've setup up an instance of CA SDM 12.9 and configured Federated Search as per the instructions in the 12.9 documentation but it seems to keep failing to retrieve any results from the Sharepoint server.

I get an error on screen of: "Invalid response received from Federated Search server. please contact your system administrator"

In the jfedsearch.log I get an error of:

07/16 09:58:39.635 [pool-11-thread-1] ERROR SharePointSearchAdapter 179 Error while searching on SharePoint. Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

07/16 09:58:39.638 [http-bio-8040-exec-2] ERROR SearchService 259 Exception error while getting results from adapters. com.ca.ServicePlus.cafedsearch.sdk.exception.FedSearchSDKException

07/16 09:58:39.638 [http-bio-8040-exec-2] ERROR SearchService 303 Exception error occurred for adapters([com.ca.ServicePlus.cafedsearch.adapters.sharepoint.SharePointSearchAdapter@ded0e7]) on uri(http://tfs206b1:8040/cafedsearch/sdm/search?q=REST&source=sharepoint&userid=ServiceDesk&index=1&size=10&_type=json&tenant=Fujitsu)

Has anyone seen this issue using federated search? Any ideas on possible solutions to this?

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2014 09:13 AM

In the end this turned out to be configuration of the Sharepoint application and specifically the Web Services (_vti_bin) folder. Although I had ensured that Basic authentication I was getting authentication failures. In SOAPUI I could successfully retrieve Sharepoint search results unless I used preemptive authentication (which Federated Search is using). Analysis of the request headers suggested that it was trying to use the NTLM provider even though that provider against windows authentication was sorted below Negotiate. After removing the NTLM provider completely from the authentication providers for Windows Authentication, Federated Search sprang into life and started to retrieve search results without error.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Jul 25, 2014 02:48 AM

Hi Rusell,

Thanks for providing the additional information and resolutions on your posts. It's really helpful to the Communities to get this feedback.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Sep 26, 2014 12:16 PM

Hi Rusell,

I am trying to configure federated search with share point, followed the process on admin guide. After configuration I have  added the search source in the knowledge tab. Now when I click on  the Knowledge Management tab in an incident the page keeps on  loading but nothing is displayed under that tab.

Could you please advice me on this.

Thanks,

Lova

• 5.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Sep 30, 2014 04:01 PM

Hi Lova,

Do you get any errors displayed in the federated search section of the knowledge tab at all? Can you switch on the debug logging for the FD tomcat application and advise if there are any errors in there?

The problem I had was down to the authentication setup in the sharepoint web services application folder in IIS and I was getting errors reported on screen and in the logs.

• 6.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Oct 01, 2014 06:41 AM

Hi

I have enabled debugging but did not find any errors.

It shows the messages "Finsished creating instance of bean SharePointSearchAdapter "

"Configured Adapterset [sharepoint]" etc.

Thanks,

Lova

• 7.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Oct 28, 2014 12:01 PM

Hi Russell

Is there any possibilty to get the federated search work with windows authentication instead of basic authentication?

Thanks,

Lova

• 8.  Re: CA SDM 12.9 Federated Search - Sharepoint

Posted Nov 05, 2014 01:03 AM

Hello Lova,

A new thread for this may be more appropriate, as the original thread questions has been answered.

In practical terms, not as many people look at answered threads.

You can still do an "@  Mention" to "@russell.pope" if needed on the new thread - see bottom right when you create your post for the "@ Mention" icon.

Thanks, Kyle.