Clarity

• 1.  MS Project 2010 Integration Issue

Posted Jul 17, 2014 06:29 AM

Hi guys,

I realise there are numerous threads on this but none seem to relate to what I'm seeing.

I am testing this integration tool on a Windows 7 machine.

SP1

64 bit O/S

Microsoft Project version 14.0.6023.1000 (32 bit)

JRE 7 is installed and configured in the PATH variable in Advanced Settings - Environment Variables.

When I open a project in Clarity, choose Open in Scheduler - MS Project opens but no project info is pulled from Clarity..

I have checked that the add-in is enabled.

I also see the following error:

SchedLink MFC Application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

I have a case open but thought I'd share here as well to see if anyone has experienced similar. Any help much appreciated - thanks!

• 2.  Re: MS Project 2010 Integration Issue

Posted Jul 17, 2014 06:39 AM

"

SchedLink MFC Application has stopped working

"

suggests a problem with the connector.

Have you already tried a proper uninstall and reinstall?

Did you do the install as the local admin or as an user who is a member in the admin group?

• 3.  Re: MS Project 2010 Integration Issue

Posted Jul 17, 2014 09:25 AM

normally software distribution products have problems with packaging the scheduler componenets.  (Not the software, but the people writing the package).  Normally they forget to give read, write, change, delete to the HKLM\Software\Niku hive

Michael

• 4.  Re: MS Project 2010 Integration Issue

Posted Jul 18, 2014 01:49 PM

Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit JRE?  I had the same issue running 64-bit JRE with 32-bit MS Project 2010.

I was able to resolve the issues by uninstalling Clarity Connect/Scheduler and JRE 64-bit.  I then installed JRE 32-bit and reinstalled Clarity Connect/Scheduler.  In my case, there seemed to be an issue with running JRE 64-bit and MS Project 32-bit.

Hope this helps!

Bobby

• 5.  Re: MS Project 2010 Integration Issue

Posted Jul 21, 2014 06:22 AM

Thanks for your tips and advice guys. We are currently working on getting this resolved. I will update the thread if/when we do!