DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  MTP unable to connect

Posted Jul 17, 2014 10:13 AM

Hi,

We ave 3 MTP's for ADA.

Out of those, one MTP shows 'unable to connect'. we tried logging in to the device, but were unable to login as well.

What could possibly be the reason for that?

And any logs in the ADA mgmnt serevr, where we could locate these errors and their possible causes?

Thanks,

Deepika

• 2.  Re: MTP unable to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:13 AM

If the machine crashed or a forced reboot was done then the Vertica database is marked as crashed. This is common as Vertica requires their database to be shutdown first before the machine.

You will need access to the MTP to repair the database.

Start with trying to log into http://MTP_IP_ADDRESS/local.php

Default username\password is admin;admin

This will allow you to check some basic information.

Once you have access to the machine you most likely will have to rebuild the Vertica database. Here is a doc to get you started:

https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC603706

• 3.  Re: MTP unable to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 04:08 PM

Sounds like the machine is hard down.

You may want to send someone on site to ensure the machine is actually working and not in a failed state.

• 4.  Re: MTP unable to connect

Posted Jul 18, 2014 01:32 PM

Hello,

Please confirm if you are able to get a log in prompt when connecting to the MTP with SSH. If not it is more then likely down hard like Jeff mentioned. If that is the case it will need to be physically brought up by someone on site and will more then likely have a crashed Vertica database as mentioned. You can attempt to repair it using the following steps if needed:

1.     Log into the MTP Linux command line using the netqos account and run the following scripts.

2.     sudo   /opt/NetQoS/scripts/stopprocs.sh  (stops all the daemon processes)

3.     sudo   /opt/NetQoS/install/setupVertica.sh  --new

4.     sudo   /opt/NetQoS/install/setupReplicateMySqlToVertica.sh

5.     sudo  /opt/NetQoS/scripts/startprocs.sh

Thank you,

Sean Stanford

• 5.  Re: MTP unable to connect

Posted Jul 05, 2017 04:28 AM

Hi Sean, 

I faced similar issue today and Hard Reboot the MTP device. It is working fine now and did not stuck in initialization. Do I really need to repair my Vertica DB in that case? how can I cross check if my DB is working fine. MOreover I am facing another issue which says 

Enterprise Manager cannot reach TIM: Error retrieving response http://MTP-IP:80/ca/apm/tim/mod_python/timfiles/listDefects: Read timed out

Can you please let me know what can be done to resolve this. Everytime when I try to delete defects it resulted in system hung. I have also changed Incident settings to retain defects but still not able to remove the error. 

• 6.  Re: MTP unable to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 11:53 AM

Harshit,

Please get a ticket open for this.