IT Process Automation

• 1.  How do I use the executeProcess method to populate a ValueMap within the Process?

Posted Jul 22, 2014 02:43 PM

Is there a way to use the executeProcess method to send ValueMap type data into a Process when the ValueMap has not already been defined within the process? Also, is there a way to use the same method to send ValueMap type data into a Process when the ValueMap has indeed already been defined within the process? How would one accomplish either scenario?

• 2.  Re: How do I use the executeProcess method to populate a ValueMap within the Process?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2014 12:25 AM

The executeProcess method only accepts string parameters as input so there is no direct way of doing this.  However that string input itself could be a block of XML or JSON data.  Then you can use the convertXml or convertJson methods (see the Reference Guide) to convert that data into a ValueMap.

Thanks,

Tom

• 3.  Re: How do I use the executeProcess method to populate a ValueMap within the Process?

Posted Jul 23, 2014 11:21 AM

Thanks, Tom, for the prompt and thorough response. This was extremely helpful!