Clarity

• 1.  13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Jul 23, 2014 10:31 AM

In Clarity 12.1, the output of xog used to be well indented and neatly formatted.

However, in Clarity 13.3 (at least in my case), xog output comes as a continuous text file.

There are no line breaks or spaces in the generated xml file, which makes it impossible to edit or read it.

Is there a setting to generate indented and formatted xml output from 13.3 xog?

• 2.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Jul 26, 2014 03:59 PM

I use XML View plus which is free and has formatting.

• 3.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Aug 03, 2014 02:01 AM

Thanks. I tried with scite and notepad++, but none of them worked as desired.

XML View plus formats XML perfectly.

• 4.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 28, 2014 10:13 AM

Yes. That's true. Watch out for NSQL portlets,query XOG xmls and any process gel scripts containing SQL in it. SQL usually gets skewed and process might error out later once you xog them in. I use XOG 13.2 client and XOG xml gets formatted as before.

Regards,

AK

• 5.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Aug 03, 2014 02:03 AM

Thanks AK. While XML View plus does the job, but using XOG 13.2 removes the basic requirement of such editors.

Can't understand why CA removed formatting from XML in 13.3.

• 6.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Aug 03, 2014 01:49 PM

Starting Clarity v13.3 , XML output is not auto formatted. XML View formats it perfectly. This fact is documented in 'XML Open Gateway Developer Guide' for Clarity v13.3.. Below text is taken from page #80 of this guide::

Additional Information:

■ The output file is not indented. You can use any third-party plug-in to convert the output to an XML format.

Hello AK,

It is recommended to use Clarity v13.3 XOG Client to get the full functionality.

Hope this answers the query...

Thank You!!!

Namita Mishra

• 7.  Re: 13.3 XOG output is unformatted

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:56 PM

Hello Namita,

I have tested this couple of times and even with the XOG xml formatted, the process gets xogged in without error. But the SQL in process gel scripts get flattened and all LF (line feed) characters are omitted to flatten out the SQL. So the problem is with the XOG processing the xml write file. With flattened SQL , for eg.

<sql:update>

Update odf_ca_customobject

set col1 = blahblah

where col2= 200;

</sql:update>

becomes --

<sql:update>

Update odf_ca_customobjectset col1 = blahblah where col2= 200;

</sql:update>

That yields a bad SQL and the process fails.

Regards,

AK