DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Kony One Platform

Posted Jul 23, 2014 01:16 PM

We are using the KonyOne Platform for our Mobile apps but instrumenting the application server only gives the management of the Kony VM (from wikipedia):

KonyOne is integrated with native platform SDKs to execute natively across devices. The runtime consists of a virtual machine that implements the scripting language (JavaScript or Lua) used by Kony Studio, coupled with the library for each device platform – BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Java, Symbian, and browser clients.[6]

So we see the Frontend cominging into Kony (which is good) but we do not see any interactions with items like WebService

I had the app team give me pre and post process classes but none of the specified packages were seen by AutoProbe. So it appears that these classes are actually be loaded by Kony (we do see Kony's interaction with its own DB2 DataBase).

I do not see a way to instrument this automatically...and I do not know if manual would do anything...that may be my next resort.

• 2.  Re: Kony One Platform

Posted Oct 06, 2015 07:27 AM

Kindly share the details if you were able to use the CA MAG SDK on Kony platform.

• 3.  Re: Kony One Platform

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2015 09:29 AM

Hi Steve,

which APM version are you on? Do you have SPM or any other extensions/field packs deployed?

I'll also send you an kony.pbd we have used at another customer. Can't attach it here

Ciao,

Guenter

• 4.  Re: Kony One Platform

Posted Oct 06, 2015 11:55 PM

Dear Guenter,

Can you pls confirm  if foreign functions where called successfully on Kony and you have used Layer 7 MAG SDK on Kony platform?

regards,

Monson

• 5.  Re: Kony One Platform

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2015 09:50 AM

Hi,

I don't know if they are using any SDK. We are just monitoring the backend of the Kony platform.

Ciao,

Guenter