CA Service Management

• 1.  Office Hours for CA Service Desk, August 14 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Jul 29, 2014 07:25 PM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Service Desk? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for Service Desk. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, August 14th @ 10 AM ET. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

• General Product Questions
    • Best practices
    • Commonly seen issues
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

• Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead
    • Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click HERE:  https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/j.php?ED=271673427&UID=498671547&RT=MiM0  to register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: Office Hours for CA Service Desk, August 14 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Aug 15, 2014 06:19 PM

Did you miss this Office Hours? You can check out the chat below. Be sure to join us in September when we'll also be answering your Service Catalog questions!

Roberto Ramirez to Everyone:   Do we have any customer facing RFP templates to help guide the prospects when designing an RFP?

Holly VonBargen to Everyone:   Are there any plans/timeline to certify 12.9 on SQL2014?

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Holly -- thanks for the question.  Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is in the QA backlog for all of the Service Management products.  I am not able to give you a firm date, but the current plan is to have SDM 12.9 done by the end of August 2014, subject to change.

Holly VonBargen to Everyone:   @Rogers - How will it be announced when it is done?  Should i just continue to check the compatibility matrix? Or will there be a formal announcement?

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Holly, we do not really do "formal announcements" for these things.  We will update the Support Matrix, put a posting on the Service Management Community, add a note to the SDM Support page.  But we don't send out letters or emails. 

John Ulery (CA) to Everyone:     @Holly - are your plans to go "company-wide" with SQLServer 2014 in the near term?

Holly VonBargen to Everyone:   @John - Well, I dont know about company wide, but we are skipping SQL Server 2012 as an organization.  So I know I can stay on SQL2008 - but then I run into EOL issues and potentially face another upgrade next year (just becuase of the db).

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: Hi, Everyone!  CA World 2014 is coming soon -- November 9 - 12! Registration is now open, and there is a $200 Early Bird Discount!  And there is an additional $200 discount for being a member of the Service Management Community!

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone, for more information on CA World 2014, go to caworld.com!

Nicole Miel to Everyone: Can you describe how pdmweb.exe interacts with the DOM servers?

Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone: @Nicole, not sure we understand your question; is there something specific you are wanting to know?

Nicole Miel to Everyone:              @Roger - That was a question from our Engineer, he said to please disregard, he will continue to resarch on his end.

Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:         @Nicole  maybe this link gives some info : https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Service%20Desk%20Manager%2012%209-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/CA_SDM_Impl_ENU/primary_or_secondary_svr_comp.html