Can anyone tell me what things are required to make the Clarity Mobile timesheet app working? Do we need to install an Add-in on Clarity server?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
You don't need to install anything extra for this feature. Here are the only prerequisites:
• CA Clarity PPM Release 13.2 or higher• One of these smart phones:
◦ Android (4.x or higher patch level) ◦ iPhone (iOS 6.x or higher patch level)
• Global access right: Mobile - Access. This access right is required for all CA Clarity Mobile Time Manager users.
See this link for details: https://enable.ca.com/answers/us/CA-Clarity-PPM/13.2/guide/CAClarityPPM_MobileTimeManager/2193443
Thanks Georgy. That helps. We will try to figure out if there is anything at our end, like company firewall rules or so, that is stopping this.
Just another question, does this work on Tablets too (iPAD etc) or only smartphones yet? I have read it was only smartphones. Here
The specified item was not found.
Read the thread you gave me. There is no update there specifying whether the app is now compatible for tablets
The only way to find out is to go to the appstore/playstore and see the message yourself which states whether the app is compatible or not with your device.
Thank you all. Yes we have got it working :-) Thanks Georgy.
The issue was on our side, something to do with our internal firewalls.
Hi Pankaj, are you able to share any information as to how you overcame the issue with your firewall?We are experiencing the same problem and are currently trying some things to resolve.
Any suggestions or advice would eb very welcome. Thanks!
Not much really. We have an F5 edge client app that we restarted and it started working.
1. One important thing that you are likely to miss - Please ensure your users have the Global Clarity Access right called - Mobile Access2. Secondly, check with your network team if they are allowing mobile access, I guess they'll be the best to advise you
3. Things like appending (or not appending) domain name against the server may cause differences in the response.
Do let me know how you go. Thanks.
Thank you Pankaj,
we have given test users the Mobile Access Right. The issue we face is a network one. All apps in our environment must work in conjunction with MobileIron infrastructure and from what I gather, CA don't have compatibility with MobileIron just yet.
Once you are up and running I would be interested in hearing about the end user experience and any issues or comments they have on using it.
No problem Mike. I will update with our experience as and when I can.
Retrieving data ...