Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Apache WebAgent configration issue

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:06 PM

Environment: 

• RHEL,
    • Apache 2.4.9 64 bit  (not connected to SiteMinder in any way).
    • web agent install package ca-wa-12.52-linux-x86-64.bin

After installation, the apache server starts without any warning or error messages.  However, after a log out and log back into the server, the following message is received:

httpd: Syntax error on line 66 of /local/HTTPServer/applogs/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /local/CA/webagent/bin/libmod_sm24.so into server: libsmerrlog.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

After poking around a bit, I realized that one thing is different between the two sessions on the server.

The web agent configuration process requires that you issue the command source ca_wa_env.sh

On subsequent sessions, the profile of the account I'm using uses the ca_ps_env.ksh settings, after that, the above message is received.

Has anyone worked through a similar issue?

• 2.  Re: Apache WebAgent configration issue
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:40 PM

First, check the apachectl file contains the entry for the environment file such as this(set the path accordingly and notcie the dot and slash at the beginning):
    . /usr/CA/siteminder/webagent/nete_wa_env.sh
    This entry needs to be set at the beginning of apachectl file.

Second: check the Apache version. For example: If it is 2.0 , you need to change libmod_sm22.so to libmod_sm20.so
    Then restart apache and give it a go.

• 3.  Re: Apache WebAgent configration issue

Posted Aug 07, 2014 04:03 PM

I suspected it would be something like this.  I was trying to keep the configuration of apache as separate from the web agent as possible, but since the httpd.conf is already modified during the agent configuration, I guess it was just wishful thinking.

In any case, that works, so.........

Thanks for the quick response.

• 4.  Re: Apache WebAgent configration issue

Posted Aug 12, 2014 01:37 PM

While this is true, and a manual step. i think you overlooked the note of ELF CLASS

that's like a specific -29*** error on IIS

it's talking about bits.

• 5.  Re: Apache WebAgent configration issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:32 AM

HI,

The problem is that you have both WebAgent and Policy Server installed on the same machine, your WebAgent uses 64bit libsmerrlog.so and Policy Server uses 32bit libsmerrlog.so.

You do need to run Web Agent and Policy Server totally independently from one to the other, which mean each of them being installed, configured and run as different user with different environment variables.

As you said :

The web agent configuration process requires that you issue the command source ca_wa_env.sh

On subsequent sessions, the profile of the account I'm using uses the ca_ps_env.ksh settings, after that, the above message is received.

The Web Agent should only have the environment variables from ca_wa_env.sh

Hope this helps.

patrick

• 6.  Re: Apache WebAgent configration issue

Posted Aug 12, 2014 01:52 PM

I expected some conflicts.  Just which was unclear until they appeared.   This is a development environment, so I can manipulate the accounts and environment settings to accommodate the Agent and Policy Server both on the host.  Once I move on to using the Apache web server for real work, it will be on a different host system, so this will not be an issue.

Thanks everyone for your good information.