Is there such a document that describes the do and maybe don't do or maybe some FAQ that list the do / don'ts?
Check this out - Clarity performance
I am not sure that there is a document with best practices as such, but the following are some I have come across:
1. Persist your Session ID
−It’s a waste of resources to login/execute/logout whenever you need XOG.
−Login at the beginning of your process (Start Step)
−Use <gel:persist> to hold on to your SessionID during the entire process
−Execute whatever you need in the intermediate steps
−Logout at the end (Finish Step)
2. Read from Properties.xml
- It’s not good practice to hardcode URLs, folder paths, usernames and passwords, etc
- Use the ConfigurationManager class to read from properties.xml (parameters such as the entryURL or the Clarity home folder)
- Use <gel:persist> to hold on to the variables you need during the entire process
3. Set and use Debugging
- Use <gel:log> to enter messages to the Process Manager Log Messages.
- Set up a “DebugLevel” variable and persist it for later use
DebugLevel 0 generates no message
DebugLevel 1 generates Simple messages
DebugLevel 2 generates Variable Content messages
DebugLevel 3 serializes XML Documents
Thanks and Best Regards,
Sr. Support Engineer
Retrieving data ...