Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Do you see duplicate portlets in your environment after upgrading your Clarity? Have you flushed cache and restored defaults but to no success?

It has been found that Clarity upgrades will intermittently result in duplicate portlet displays. These duplicates will not be functional and will not be displayed in the Actions -> Configure menu from the Home side.

Publishing the portlet itself (not the portlet page containing the portlet and not the tab containing the portlet page) generally resolves the issue.

Please open a CA Support case if publishing the portlet does not help resolve the duplicate issue.

• 2.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:17 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Ruchika

NJ

• 3.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:19 AM

Is there any root-cause for this ?

Are there any particular conditions while upgrading the env that this can happen ?

If you can share some more info, it would help

NJ

• 4.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:52 AM

Your welcome NJ.

We saw a number of users affected by the duplicate portlet issue after upgrade. We wanted to share this information so that the customers are aware that such issues can be resolved by something as simple as hitting the Publish button from the Administration side for the portlet.

At this point, the root cause is TBD. I will share more information as I dig deeper into it.

Thank you,

Ruchika

• 5.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Thanks for posting Ruchika_Israni

To make these easier to find down the road, can you please use "Tuesday tips" (no CA or underscore) and just "tips" as tags for these? Thanks!

I updated this one, btw.

• 6.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

• 7.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Posted Aug 19, 2014 02:20 PM

Thanks for the tip Ruchika!

• 8.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip - Duplicate Portlet Display

Posted Aug 20, 2014 08:42 AM

This one is great.  We have seen it here, but never got around to researching it.  Glad someone else found out what was going on.  A simple re-publish is great!