MatthewWood62133886

VSE Recording of Service using Asymmetric Queues and/or Stitching together individual recordings that are actually request and response.

Discussion created by MatthewWood62133886 on Aug 19, 2014

Is there any best best practise on using VSE Recorder of services using Asymmetric Queues?

The task is to record swift messaging over Tibco EMS Queues.

I've tried some recording where by for each request to a request queue there will be between 2 or 3 responses returned on 2 separate queues.

I may see one response come in but rarely the 2nd due to the long time lag in getting the respective test teams to forward or initiate the correct responses in the downstream apps.

Invariably i have to start separate recording session to record these responses.

As these responses are in new Recording sessions and i'm forced to create listeners on what would normaly be response queues, these responses are tagged as Requests in a separate Transaction.

Which leads to my next question??

I've also recorded messages that have passed through the different queues each in there own VSE Recorder.  As such each message is seen as a request in it's own Transaction.

I've exported the recording to an export.xml file.

<rawTraffic>

<transaction>

<request operation="Request 1" matchTolerance="EXACT">

<metaData>

<parameter>

</parameter>

</metaData>

<body>

</body>

</request>

</transaction>

</rawTraffic>

i have successfully stitched these separate recordings together into a new XML file, that i can use as an input file to play back through a new VSE recording to create a new vsm/vsi. 

ie.

export-file1.xml  contains the true initial request from request Q1 

export-file2.xml  contains request Transaction from Q2 - but is actually a response to request in exportfile1

export-file3.xml  contains request Transaction from Q3 - but is actually the 2nd response to request in exportfile1.

Therefore i create  copy-export-file1.xml

From export-file2.xml i manipulate the data from the request into a <response> tag and add to copy-export-file1.xml

From export-file3.xml i repeat above, manipulate data from request into a <response> tag and add to copy-export-file1.xml

But is there any easier approach than this, as it's quite time consuming.

Outcomes