Clarity

• 1.  How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 03:40 PM

Hi! Is it possible to set hierarchy tab as the project default page? I now it is possible to set collaboration tab, for instance, but I don't see hierarchy tab available.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Flo

• 2.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 04:04 PM

It should be possible to select any one of the tabs as the default tab.

• 3.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 04:21 PM

Under the Admin > Portlet Pages, search for Project Default Layout

Click on Tabs (tab)

Select the against the Hierarchy tab (radio button)

Click Save

NJ

• 4.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 04:54 PM

Hi, Thanks both for the reply. I changed the default layout from this option but this only works if I open a project from the project list page.

I'm sorry I was not clear on my openning post, what I need is to be able to set the hierarchy tab as a link from a custom query. I will have project name associated to the hierarchy tab, so when customer clicks on project name, Clarity would show the hierarchy tab for that project.

In the available options, hierarchy tab is not displayed. Have you tried something like this?

Thanks

Flo

• 5.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 05:33 PM

Ah, thanks for clarification.

Yes, have tried this before - lots of items to link to, but no hierarchy tab/page available to select.

There's an idea in on a similar topic:  Linking to costplan and benefit plan detail page in the Action options under Create A Link from NSQL query

I've added a comment, attempting to expand this idea to include linking to other pages/tabs, and possibly allowing customers to add links as is available for object actions.

Dale

• 6.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 21, 2014 08:48 AM

Thanks Dale! I've just voted in the idea.

Regards

Flo

• 7.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 04:58 PM

You can also set the default tab within individual projects - click on the Manage Tabs icon:

CA Clarity PPM  Project CAS LIV GM MY2016 D2UX (SUV) ACT - Properties - Main _2014-08-20_16-48-47.gif

After clicking on the tab, you'll see a screen listing all the available tabs.  Select Hierarchy, save and return.

Two notes:

- your IE settings and local cache may not reflect the change right away- you may need to log out/login or hit F5 to see the change

- also, some links are 'hard coded' to take you to a particular page; for instance, the 'properties' icon is usually set to take you to the project's properties page, regardless of your default tab settings.

The latter point can vary based on customers configuration changes to Clarity.  We try to always have the 'properties' icon take one to the properties page, regardless of object type (i.e. on project list view, click on properties icon and one sees project properties page; on issue list view, click on properties icon and see issue properties page; etc.).  Then, we try to always have the name field linked to the default tab setting.  One should always expect consistent result - click on properties icon, see properties; click on name, see default tab.

Dale

• 8.  Re: How to set Project default page to Hierarchy tab

Posted Aug 20, 2014 05:06 PM

Thanks Dale, as a matter of fact this has the hierarchy tab markedas default, but what customer wants is to be able to have this option enable from the custom portlet, so it means I need to set it from the query. But hierarchy tab does not seam to be able from that option.

Captura.JPG

Hierarchy is not display between the options in that list of values.

Thanks!!

flo